Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I thought I saw a random stick in there. That was Letang's? Bwahaha nice try buddy.

I thought he threw it and in that millisecond before Kuzy scored I was thinking "that's a penalty shot".

After watching it 4000 times ;), I realized Letang swung his stick at Kuzy and it hit so hard off of Dumoulin's shin guards it flew like that. It was exactly what he did after Ovie's game winner in game 3, expect he swung and hit Ovie's shin guards.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Were you a big fan of Crosby kicking Kuznetsov on his ankle with his skate last night which sent Kuzy to the bench limping and in pain. NHL show on Sirius this morning was talking about it and that it was one of the subtle cheap shots that Crosby seems to get away with.

Great post. I thought Kuzy maybe had a groin after that, or still does. Wow he almost scored after that, in what would have been a classic Caps Pens playoff moment to ruin our offseason, had we lost the series.

I am stunned someone on NHL radio was talking about it.

He also dove in front of someones legs again, at center. He probably does these stunts every game so its expected he does them, so they don't get called.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Great post. I thought Kuzy maybe had a groin after that, or still does. Wow he almost scored after that, in what would have been a classic Caps Pens playoff moment to ruin our offseason, had we lost the series.

I am stunned someone on NHL radio was talking about it.

He also dove in front of someones legs again, at center. He probably does these stunts every game so its expected he does them, so they don't get called.
Look at the video, the referee was looking right at it and he was just about six feet away. You can see Kuznestov lying on the ice in pain and looking back at the referee with a WTF!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Look at the video, the referee was looking right at it and he was just about six feet away. You can see Kuznestov lying on the ice in pain and looking back at the referee with a WTF!

Watch it again, and you will see Kuzy actually pulled his right skate in a little closer to his left, or turned to his left - away from Crosby. It is telling, because its almost proof that he had intended to do it. As Kuzy moved his foot away, he had to reach out to... lets call it 'subtle slew' him. I don't know if Kuzy was selling the call but that one came real close to hurting us real bad. It still may yet, if he got injured on that play. He was in pain on the bench, at that time no point to be selling the call.

We just cannot assume he is fine since he scored. These injuries add up, and we are only halfway home.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Underrated truth, don't know if it's coaching or effort or what, but... the Capitals have probably had more odd-man rushes in the postseason than they seemed to through the 82 games before it.

edit: and if Vrana can get a scholarship to the T.J. Oshie Breakaway Skills Camp, look out.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Watch it again, and you will see Kuzy actually pulled his right skate in a little closer to his left, or turned to his left - away from Crosby. It is telling, because its almost proof that he had intended to do it. As Kuzy moved his foot away, he had to reach out to... lets call it 'subtle slew' him. I don't know if Kuzy was selling the call but that one came real close to hurting us real bad. It still may yet, if he got injured on that play. He was in pain on the bench, at that time no point to be selling the call.

We just cannot assume he is fine since he scored. These injuries add up, and we are only halfway home.
Also note that this was the Canadian Sportsnet Hockey Night feed/footage of the incident. Pen BC never showed it, hmmm! Had to laugh when Ovechkin was slashed in the first period and you could see him remove his glove as he went to the bench and was in pain. Pen BC subsequently did show the incident with Pierre commenting "good catch" by our video team. Thought to myself well that video team won't have a job with this network come tomorrow.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Also note that this was the Canadian Sportsnet Hockey Night feed/footage of the incident. Pen BC never showed it, hmmm! Had to laugh when Ovechkin was slashed in the first period and you could see him remove his glove as he went to the bench and was in pain. Pen BC subsequently did show the incident with Pierre commenting "good catch" by our video team. Thought to myself well that video team won't have a job with this network come tomorrow.

Good stuff - keep beating the drums with me when the exact same crap happens with him again. Next season, bitch!

What he does on that subtle slew, is he sells it as incidental by skating through it. Hey I was just skating to the boards, and put out my leg to slow down. He is the one that needs a suspension. He should be behind bars.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Good stuff - keep beating the drums with me when the exact same crap happens with him again. Next season, *****!

What he does on that subtle slew, is he sells it as incidental by skating through it. Hey I was just skating to the boards, and put out my leg to slow down. He is the one that needs a suspension. He should be behind bars.

Although he gets away with an incredible amount of dirty stuff, it was great hockey karma that Kuzy poked Crysby's stick to nudge the puck to Orlov which led to the SWG [new term?: Series Winning Goal]. Whatever happened to Sid's great awareness of everyone and everything happening on the ice?

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
Were you a big fan of Crosby kicking Kuznetsov on his ankle with his skate last night which sent Kuzy to the bench limping and in pain. NHL show on Sirius this morning was talking about it and that it was one of the subtle cheap shots that Crosby seems to get away with.

Definitely could have called a trip, but "kicking"? Not sure I see that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well, some of us did.

I'm going to be that guy. I almost put you on ignore because of your non-stop posts making EVERYTHING about Trotz and/or ownership. CONSTANT doom and gloom. Now, only after this series win, it was a "masterful coaching job". Where was this as the playoffs were progressing?

I've been critical of BT in the past but even I had to admit as things went along that he was adjusting and managing the team well, including saying the right things. I know it's HF SOP to just trash things all day long because odds are the negative comment will be correct in the end, but it really really gets old, and when things do go well people like me remember it.

Sometimes you just have to believe....

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Flames fan here, was listening to OT on the radio on the way home and the anxiety I felt was like if it was a Flames playoff game. Get past Tampa and anything can happen!

Thanks. By the way, the Flames got absolutely ripped off against TBay in 2004. Calgary should have had Cup #2 and a Cup for Iginla.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

A variation on the ol’ slewfoot from Crosby. What a jerk!

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad