Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
did we linematch 19s line against crosby last game? if so a bit nervous of the top line going against crosbys in pitt

Yes, along with Eller after Backstrom left the game. More importantly is that Trotz hard-matched Orlov/Niskanen against Crosby. Crosby's 5v5 TOI against the Capitals players:

Matt Niskanen 12:21
Dmitry Orlov 12:18
T.J. Oshie 10:55
Chandler Stephenson 9:27
Nicklas Backstrom 7:10
Lars Eller 4:48
Jay Beagle 2:22
Brett Connolly 2:15
John Carlson 1:49
Evgeny Kuznetsov 1:46
Devante Smith-Pelly 1:31
Jakub Vrana 1:22
Brooks Orpik 1:10
Michal Kempny 1:07
Alex Ovechkin 0:55
Alex Chiasson 0:52
Christian Djoos 0:37
Shane Gersich 0:37

I actually don't mind the decision to put 18 alongside 8-92 this game, even if 19 is healthy. I think Sullivan is going to try to target 8-92 with Crosby's line and while I like Vrana, I think Stephenson is another good speed option with more defensive awareness. It would also allow the second line with Vrana to perhaps be a bit more threatening on offense while not being defensively deficient because 19, 20, and 77 can all hold their own defensively.

Last edited:

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Yes, along with Eller after Backstrom left the game. More importantly is that Trotz hard-matched Orlov/Niskanen against Crosby. Crosby's 5v5 TOI against the Capitals players:

Matt Niskanen 12:21
Dmitry Orlov 12:18
T.J. Oshie 10:55
Chandler Stephenson 9:27
Nicklas Backstrom 7:10
Lars Eller 4:48
Jay Beagle 2:22
Brett Connolly 2:15
John Carlson 1:49
Evgeny Kuznetsov 1:46
Devante Smith-Pelly 1:31
Jakub Vrana 1:22
Brooks Orpik 1:10
Michal Kempny 1:07
Alex Ovechkin 0:55
Alex Chiasson 0:52
Christian Djoos 0:37
Shane Gersich 0:37

I actually don't mind the decision to put 18 alongside 8-92 this game, even if 19 is healthy. I think Sullivan is going to try to target 8-92 with Crosby's line and while I like Vrana, I think Stephenson is another good speed option with more defensive awareness. It would also allow the second line with Vrana to perhaps be a bit more threatening on offense while not being defensively deficient because 19,20, and 77 can all hold their own defensively,

i agree actually, i didnt notice they had switched 18 and 13,
gives both lines some defensive responsibilty even if 19 cant go

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
My 7.5 year old just got into watching sports hardcore the last 6 months. He was all over the Redskins and Wizards, and utterly obsessed with the Nats right now. So of course has been following the Caps religiously too and wears his Ovechkin jersy he got for xmas every single time they play. But as we sit again on the cusp of making it to a conference championship, for the first time in like 20 years I'm sitting here thinking does this little pipsqueak deserve the instant gratification of them winning his first season of fandom after I've sat through so many emotional bloodfests? YES YES HE DOES. BREAK THE DC CURSE TONIGHT BOYS!!

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
NfFfwm5.gif

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
The closer it gets, the more nervous I am.

I think this is the most scared I have been only because I truly feel they can actually do it this time

I truly felt like they could do it last year, which is what makes the losses so disappointing. This game feels like one of the most daunting ones they've ever had during the Ovechkin era, but maybe because of that they'll finally win, because hockey is weird like that

Reactions: troyerlaw

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Eating at Fathead's people already talking shit (wearing my Ovechkin shirt/jersey.) I don't see many friendlies in town so far. If I get assaulted and we win it'll be totally worth it. I don't dislike putting 18 on the top line. I also would think Sullivan will try to match Crosby against Ovi and Kuzy. Barry playing chess...maybe.

And 1: If we win, it'll probably happen. I'm going to act like a lunatic.

Reactions: CapsDC

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think Walker is far more ready for this comparing to Gersich. More strength, more experience. Also Pens aren't big to intimidate Walker. He should be fine. Maybe even scores out of nowhere.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Eating at Fathead's people already talking **** (wearing my Ovechkin shirt/jersey.) I don't see many friendlies in town so far. If I get assaulted and we win it'll be totally worth it. I don't dislike putting 18 on the top line. I also would think Sullivan will try to match Crosby against Ovi and Kuzy. Barry playing chess...maybe.

Just remember, if you get assaulted before the game, it is likely their fault.
If you get assaulted after the game, well it could be your fault.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Eating at Fathead's people already talking **** (wearing my Ovechkin shirt/jersey.) I don't see many friendlies in town so far. If I get assaulted and we win it'll be totally worth it. I don't dislike putting 18 on the top line. I also would think Sullivan will try to match Crosby against Ovi and Kuzy. Barry playing chess...maybe.

I'm hoping that your Tom Wilson and David Steckel jerseys were in the wash otherwise what would be the point of attending a game in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Wearing my black Capitol building Caps stuff as a intimidation thing.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
My 7.5 year old just got into watching sports hardcore the last 6 months. He was all over the Redskins and Wizards, and utterly obsessed with the Nats right now. So of course has been following the Caps religiously too and wears his Ovechkin jersy he got for xmas every single time they play. But as we sit again on the cusp of making it to a conference championship, for the first time in like 20 years I'm sitting here thinking does this little pipsqueak deserve the instant gratification of them winning his first season of fandom after I've sat through so many emotional bloodfests? YES YES HE DOES. BREAK THE DC CURSE TONIGHT BOYS!!

I first read it as my 75 year old recently got into sports and did a double take lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad