Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Pens | 5/7/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Have to write something because i noticed i had ”unlucky” number of posts here. Im not overly supersticious (yes i am), but cant have any of that bad luck today. Not going to take any jinxes or make mrs fortuna fold on us for my tap.

so ill go ahead with:

Unleash the Fury

And give me more of ’Kuzy the Eagle’

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It’s gonna be a tall order but hopefully the Caps can “focus” on the task at hand...

...winning G6 without Wilson AND Backstrom would be a tremendous accomplishment for this group.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Vrana with Eller and Oshie could lead to corsification. And yep, we need "Kuz the Eagle" make no mistake even with Nick playing he is a huge cog in our offense. Bonus: Dare I think the pens fans will think the eagle soaring is trolling their flightless bird mascot.

CwsEckqXUAEsmKM.jpg

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think 19 plays. Morning lines to throw people off or test out new possibilities for line shuffling if needed during the game.

Hate to play this game but I think if 19 plays, it will be painfully obvious that maybe he shouldn't be playing. Barry has to use young players. Shitsburgh has done it and other teams can too, dammit.

I do like Barry trying to sell all the line changes as trying out new lines Nick may play blah blah, but Eller on 2 is all you need to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Spade

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
If I'm Barry, and Backstrom is out, I am basically running 3 lines. Chaisson and Walker won't see the ice at all. I'm sure it won't be like that thought.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Problem is when oshie was sitting out practice they just had a placeholder aka boyd. They moved eller up. That's telling

Yeah I don't think he goes.

I checked the NHLRumor guy on twitter just now and here is his tweet from a few hours ago:

I think 19 plays. Morning lines to throw people off or test out new possibilities for line shuffling if needed during the game.

I really hope you are correct.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Stephenson has earned his spot as a defensive player and is established. Assuming Backstrom isn't playing, I expect Trotz to go mainly with 3 lines. Beagle with Connolly and DSP. The others getting plugged in for the occasional shift.

Hard pressed to do that, IMO. Cant have every top 9 F playing 20min. They will be toast by the 3rd period. Caps have depth, its unproven...but so what. That's how hero's are made.

I'd rather them go down with fresh "inexperienced" legs than tired "experienced" ones. Speed kills, and the youth has it. Let them play.....

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I would rather they win tonight and then take the few days off to recharge than use all those inexperienced players and have some fresher legs for game 7. Trotz game Gersich 6 or 7 minutes in the last game? you think that is going to change?

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Yeah I don't think he goes.

I checked the NHLRumor guy on twitter just now and here is his tweet from a few hours ago:

I really hope you are correct.

He or she has heard two rumors since the trade deadline. First that Wilson's suspension was going to be two games before the hearing, and now this. There is a lack of displayed credibility.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He or she has heard two rumors since the trade deadline. First that Wilson's suspension was going to be two games before the hearing, and now this. There is a lack of displayed credibility.

Again, I hope you are correct and Backs is out for the pre-game skate. :crossfing

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I would rather they win tonight and then take the few days off to recharge than use all those inexperienced players and have some fresher legs for game 7. Trotz game Gersich 6 or 7 minutes in the last game? you think that is going to change?

I'm fine with 6 or 7 minutes for the bottom 2 forwards (Beagle will play a lot, regardless). That allows 3min or so to come off the top for the big guns. So its 17-18m vs 20... That matters a lot, at the end.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Given our rich and storied history of choking, there's really no reason to be hopeful.

But what the hell, i'm betting on us anyway. Maybe this year turns out different. Why not.

On a separate topic, i agree with the recent pleas for us to disband the 'fan police.' Some of us have followed the team and attended games since Season One (e.g. yours damn truly), some are more recent arrivals. Who the **** cares. Also, some of us are incurable pessimists (again, me), and some are optimists. Big deal. We all want the team to win. And nothing we write or say here has even the most remote, butterfly's chance in China of affecting the actual outcome. So let's just relax, root for the team, not snipe at each other, not accuse segments of our group of being bad fans or hypocrites or whatever.

Finally, i think we can win tonight even without 19. Boyd will do fine at 3C (or 4C, if Trotz needs to flip him with Beagle as game progresses).

I am surprised at Walker getting a sweater. Maybe Gersich is dinged. Or maybe Barry saw mistakes from 63 in Game 5 which he couldn't live with in Game 6.

Or maybe it's due to PK. Lord knows our PK% was not good in Game 5. That's a continuing area where 43's absence is big-time problematic.

Anyway, that's all. Let's take care of business, do our best, and march the **** on. Operation 9W.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm fine with 6 or 7 minutes for the bottom 2 forwards (Beagle will play a lot, regardless). That allows 3min or so to come off the top for the big guns. So its 17-18m vs 20... That matters a lot, at the end.

That's my point. Gersich or Walker was never going to skate 2nd line and Boyd isn't going to skate 3rd line. Trotz will skate 83 with 10 and 25 much of the time. He will swap in Boyd when its safe and give Chaisson and Gersich/Walker a skate with Beagle. None of those 3 guys will get 10 minutes.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
That's my point. Gersich or Walker was never going to skate 2nd line and Boyd isn't going to skate 3rd line. Trotz will skate 83 with 10 and 25 much of the time. He will swap in Boyd when its safe and give Chaisson and Gersich/Walker a skate with Beagle. None of those 3 guys will get 10 minutes.

I'd like to see 63 play top line w 8-92. That would open up a much more balanced attack. I'd also plug 83 between 10-25. But it wouldnt shock me to see 18 there either, and then allow 83 to center a 4th w 72-39. 13 stays top 6 w 20-77.

Balance.

Again, I am not scared of 63 and 13 being top 6 players at the same time (on different lines).

or just roll w:
8-92-13
18-20-77
10-83-25
63/70-72-39

But would need to see that 4th line play at least 6-8min (assuming the game isnt constantly in a special teams state)

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
honestly i can see nick having a broken hand, i still think he plays but after the playoffs ill bet we will find out

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
did we linematch 19s line against crosby last game? if so a bit nervous of the top line going against crosbys in pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad