Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: Game 6: Blues @ Perds: Blanick pwned me in this one edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Im fine with giving Vegas a 2nd to take Lehtera.....

But no on Turris. I'd rather completely gut our draft this year and give both 1's and Edmundson in a package for Tavares.

For one season of Tavares? or signed? If signed I do not think that is enough from us, unsigned Armstrong better pray we win the Cup next year or that would be his job

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
A part of me dies each and every spring when The Blues are eliminated from the Playoffs. And the older I get, my medical issues notwithstanding, I wonder out loud if it will ever happen in my lifetime. Denied yet again a parade down Market Street. Just saying what's on my mind. Turn the page.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Given the fact that the Sabers were interested in Marty. Stillman better do some quick soul searching cause I would seriously hate to lose Marty. Promo that Marty Bro :yo:

Marty Bro and Coach Yeo match made in heaven :5:
What exactly has Brodeur done to say he would be a better GM? If anything...he's shown he needs to be our goalie coach.

Granted Im not privy to his resume or his behind the scenes actions...

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I didnt expect them to make the playoffs, so I keep my expectations low. Im happy that Schwartz resumed his 1st line tag, Edmundson is a top 4 player and Allen IS our goalie.

I just think it is a joke that we have to limit our expectations because of our GM and act like that is ok.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I just think it is a joke that we have to limit our expectations because of our GM and act like that is ok.

I agree, Army didn't have a bad run with this team, but I think it's time to move on. Is Lombardi from LA still available?

J Leads the Way

May 17, 2010
For one season of Tavares? or signed? If signed I do not think that is enough from us, unsigned Armstrong better pray we win the Cup next year or that would be his job

tell me how else we acquire a #1 C? We'd have to get him in the room and hope he loves it and wants to re-sign. Otherwise, like you said if we deal for an extended Tavares it would cost us even more

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Well guys, that's a wrap. I'm proud of the team and Mike Yeo's and all the coaches job to get us this far. Thanks to all you knowledgeable Posters that contribute and help me understand the game better. I definitely feel I get more than I give here,but appreciate all the knowledge!! Onward and upward. We have a bright future with this group of guys. :yo:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

You can be made if you like, but its the reality of the situation. I don't get to be a fly on the wall in a Stillman/Armstrong meetings.

Its easy to wish for a better GM, its another thing to actually get one.

Could be Dallas...or Buffalo, hell even Winnipeg.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
What exactly has Brodeur done to say he would be a better GM? If anything...he's shown he needs to be our goalie coach.

Granted Im not privy to his resume or his behind the scenes actions...

I'm not on the fire Army bandwagon and will wait and see what he does this summer. He's done more good then bad. But he's done a significant amount of bad. To tell you the truth the Miller trade still stings. What a wild gamble and we gave away probably the ability to pickup a number 1C.

Marty turned down the Sabers. I doubt he's going to want to be a goalie coach for ever. Especially when a team offers him a GM opportunity.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

Thats what happens when you have a high school football atmosphere for your hockey team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lmao...thats embarrassing. Not on the fans but how clueless their local media is.

Not only is the description cringe worthy...but im sure thats what Bridgestone looks like after every game....they are just leaving the arena.

I'm not on the fire Army bandwagon and will wait and see what he does this summer. He's done more good then bad. But he's done a significant amount of bad. To tell you the truth the Miller trade still stings. What a wild gamble and we gave away probably the ability to pickup a number 1C.

Marty turned down the Sabers. I doubt he's going to want to be a goalie coach for ever. Especially when a team offers him a GM opportunity.

We didnt give up anything for Miller that would have netted us a 1c. The pick might end up stinging given the draft choice. Also I read that it wasnt confirmed they were looking at him to he the GM

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Well the season was fun after Yeo took over. Had a good playoff run but we allk new this wasn't the year. A LOT to look forward too next year, so I'm still very hopeful. Wonder if Fabbri could have been the difference maker in this series.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well the season was fun after Yeo took over. Had a good playoff run but we allk new this wasn't the year. A LOT to look forward too next year, so I'm still very hopeful. Wonder if Fabbri could have been the difference maker in this series.

I believe he could've have been the difference in at least getting back to STL for Game 7.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
last time they won a game 6 was 2001 vs san jose. last time they won a game 6 to force a game 7 was 2000 vs san jose.

wow thats sad as hell.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Good season boys, too bad the first 4 games went the way they did. Glad they were able to pay back Minnesota in the first round.

Vegas and the draft will shake up the league and it will be a whole new picture next season. Also from my own hobby perspective there will be rookie cards for Barbashev and Schmaltz to collect.

The real sad part about all this is we have to get more Subban shoved down our throats despite him being the 4th best defenseman over the series at best. But hey, he got some powerplay points in the first game!

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
A part of me dies each and every spring when The Blues are eliminated from the Playoffs. And the older I get, my medical issues notwithstanding, I wonder out loud if it will ever happen in my lifetime. Denied yet again a parade down Market Street. Just saying what's on my mind. Turn the page.

North Stars/Wild fan coming in peace. Your quote is exactly what I said when your Blues dispatched my club this year. Just wanted to say that I feel ya bud in every aspect of your post. I hope we both will be able feel the joy of seeing our clubs bring home the Cup before we enter the great beyond respectively. October can't come soon enough.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Good season boys, too bad the first 4 games went the way they did. Glad they were able to pay back Minnesota in the first round.

Vegas and the draft will shake up the league and it will be a whole new picture next season. Also from my own hobby perspective there will be rookie cards for Barbashev and Schmaltz to collect.

The real sad part about all this is we have to get more Subban shoved down our throats despite him being the 4th best defenseman over the series at best. But hey, he got some powerplay points in the first game!
I would say Pietrangelo, Edmundson, Parayko, Ellis and Josi were better. That puts him at 6th. Still, he is the media darling. If Subban and McDavid are both in the WCF, Pierre will have to wear a bib!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Holy hell, I knew Perron was bad but I'm looking at the stats now and didn't realize he was THAT bad. 1 assist in 11 games. That is dreadful.

Overall we just had way too many players posting goose eggs.

Lehtera actually wasn't horrible. Just that salary we can't afford to keep.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Holy hell, I knew Perron was bad but I'm looking at the stats now and didn't realize he was THAT bad. 1 assist in 11 games. That is dreadful.

Overall we just had way too many players posting goose eggs.

Lehtera actually wasn't horrible. Just that salary we can't afford to keep.

Berglund 11GP 0+4 good?

Lehterä had 1+3 in 8GP and limited icetime. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad