Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I don't understand why so many want our only young talented defenseman to fail

Reactions: mk80

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Why does it always seem we bury the 150ft prayers into the empty net, but can't hit something from inside the offensive zone

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Way to go Hofer!
360_F_469766788_Ltf16luOO4yeJTHZlyudPHCLWcD2I1Te.jpg

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Finally.

Hayes still is skating like a half priced player.

I wonder if Vrana is having personal issues again.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I don't understand why so many want our only young talented defenseman to fail
1- Perunovich is 25.
That isn't exactly "young". He's actually older than Thomas.

2-He played under 10 minutes(9:44). What good is that doing anybody?

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
amazing how much better he looks when not chained to tucker.
To be fair to Tucker, he is a rookie LHD playing on his off side.

I’d love to give him a chance to play on his true side with someone that isn’t Scandella too.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
1- Perunovich is 25.
That isn't exactly "young". He's actually older than Kyrou and Thomas.

2-He played under 10 minutes(9:44). What good is that doing anybody?
Point 1 is true but I'll give him the young label since he's missed so much time early in his career. 9:44 is a lot better than 0 in my book. I want to see him out there.

Edit: Actually he is a bit younger than Kyrou

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
That was a good defensive game by us. Looks like kyrou spent all his time in the offseason on defense he forgot how to score on breakaways. However I have been impressed by the defense Kyrou has shown

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
To be fair to Tucker, he is a rookie LHD playing on his off side.

I’d love to give him a chance to play on his true side with someone that isn’t Scandella too.
fair enough. what we know at this point is they are not good pair. i haven't given up on tucker, just not with marco.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Perunovich could be young and offensively talented, and, yet, at the same time, be incapable of defending adequately on The NHL level (and that won't cut the mustard, as a defenceman's main job is to defend. The jury is still out on whether or not he'll be able to become a regular defenceman in The NHL. Personally, I think he'll at LEAST be able to hold down a regular "sheltered" 3rd Line position, as well as a PP QB position on a weak NHL team. I'm hoping for more but not holding my breath, as so far, he's shown to be somewhat brittle, and might get hurt too much to be a dependable regular. Still, we should give him time to see how things turn out before writing him off.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Maybe Berube knew what he was doing benching Vrana. That was by far our best game this year. We actually maintained offensive zone possession and generated multiple chances on a single zone entry. Not sure what changed, but if we keep this up we will win some games and ruin our draft pick while still getting our ass kicked in the first round of the playoffs. Yay team :rolleyes:

Also, so glad we dressed our young (ehhhhhh???), talented (Nope) defensman. His ability to get the puck into transition really made a difference in getting him a 10.90% xGF% this game. If he was bad a transition, it might have been lower.....wait, can it be lower than that???? That is really, really, bad. I thought he was an offensive dynamo?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad