GDT: Game 6: 10/24 - Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 5:30 PT, BSSC (updated start time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
We have good things going on and have issues. Defense has been solid. Goaltending been solid, 2nd line has been solid. Really concerned about Zegras and Terry now. Z went from having one of his best games to his worst. We won tonight, not gonna lie threw my iPad across the Room when Fantilli scored, but thank Goodness for Vatrano. HM to Strome and Vatrano.

We need Z, Terry, and Rico to wake the F up
I understand. Threw mine into a couch pillow

Reactions: Leonardo87

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I wanted to praise Leason on a player discussion thread given how often I flamed him last year but I don’t think he has one. He’s been very good to start the year, he actually looks like he stick as a 4th liner on most teams in the league

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terry had a rough game tonight but I still thought he was creating chances, but he was trying too hard probably and was just off. Overall I don’t think Terry has been bad at all thru 6, I know others might disagree but he’s been creating chances every night.

Terry's gotta produce, gotta finish. He's doing neither and it's affecting his linemates. He's a $7 mil man now and we should have higher expectations from him. Terry needs to play like it's 2021-22.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wanted to praise Leason on a player discussion thread given how often I flamed him last year but I don’t think he has one. He’s been very good to start the year, he actually looks like he stick as a 4th liner on most teams

feel free to make one. Don’t see him being scratched anytime soon.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wanted to praise Leason on a player discussion thread given how often I flamed him last year but I don’t think he has one. He’s been very good to start the year, he actually looks like he stick as a 4th liner on most teams
He’s been consistent so far this year… and kinda showing what cap fans were afraid of losing.

He’s basically playing how I hope Jones would

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think it’s just a teach opportunity for Cronin. Zegras is young and struggling and Cronin prob trying to light a fire under him. Turning the puck over on power play cause we’re being too fancy right now is a big no no .

Don’t think we need to read much further into it… I just hope he holds all the players to these standards

Z's been benched before for doing stupid things on the ice before. He deserved all those benchings. Youthfulness will make mistakes and also need to be accountable.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
He’s been consistent so far this year… and kinda showing what cap fans were afraid of losing.

He’s basically playing how I hope Jones would
Yeah. Leason has been tenacious.

I will always have a soft spot for the deslauries, cogliano etc players who keep their job in nhl by determination

Pass of the game: Ross Johnston. Well done big guy
Honorable mention BO groulx to spring frankie

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I have no real concern about Terry and Z... It usually takes a handful of games to get going and they have been matching up against some of the best defenses in the league so far. Hard to get any real momentum from that.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I missed the game and caught the last few minutes and OT with Vatrano's GWG on my recording of Ducks Weekly. And I'm just starting to watch the replay. Sounds like the story of the game was second line and the pk, but seven penalties??? Were they badly outplayed by the Blue Jackets?

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I missed the game and caught the last few minutes and OT with Vatrano's GWG on my recording of Ducks Weekly. And I'm just starting to watch the replay. Sounds like the story of the game was second line and the pk, but seven penalties??? Were they badly outplayed by the Blue Jackets?
Lets just say if you were expecting the ducks from the last few games it will be dissimilar

It was more analogous to the second period vs dallas lol

Reactions: la patineuse

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

There's a ref bias in this game, but those penalties did take us out of game in the 1st period. The 2nd period we were on it.

We should be used to this by now with ref bias, but just can't help to still identify it. In this game, even Hazy was calling it out. We should have been on a 5-on-3 PP.

Reactions: la patineuse

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I have no real concern about Terry and Z... It usually takes a handful of games to get going and they have been matching up against some of the best defenses in the league so far. Hard to get any real momentum from that.
That actually concerns me.. they play against the best defensive players of every team. They need to get over that hump..no excuses

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I wanted to praise Leason on a player discussion thread given how often I flamed him last year but I don’t think he has one. He’s been very good to start the year, he actually looks like he stick as a 4th liner on most teams in the league
Him and Groulx look like different players under Cronin.

Glad to see I was wrong about the pair.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
That actually concerns me.. they play against the best defensive players of every team. They need to get over that hump..no excuses
It would definitely concern me 20-30 games into the season. Tage has 1 point, Robertson has no goals, etc.

Not to mention we are playing half of every game a man down right now.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It would definitely concern me 20-30 games into the season. Tage has 1 point, Robertson has no goals, etc.

Not to mention we are playing half of every game a man down right now.
They will be fine. Sometimes top players sucking at the beginning of the season ends up being a blessing in disguise for them and for depth players who find out that they can really contribute to the teams success too. Like Vatrano and our young dmen and even guys like grouxl and our 4th line.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I love frank vatrano but at what point is him being our leading scorer a concern?
I think it’s a good sign, hopefully he can keep up his pace, because when our top guys finally turn it on having Vatrano is excellent secondary scoring. It’s concerning if this continues much longer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad