GDT: Game 6: 10/24 - Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 5:30 PT, BSSC (updated start time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
You knew Terry wasn't going to net that breakaway as soon as it started lol. Good thing Frank came through

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
1/6 chimpanzees. Feels about right. But that Vatrano bazooka makes it feel sorta alright.
But somehow we got the win.

i hope minty stays this good. He looks like a top 10d in the league…. Heiskanen makar fox sorta potential. I know it is too early but i dont think i have ever been this amped by a rookie ducks d man.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have good things going on and have issues. Defense has been solid. Goaltending been solid, 2nd line has been solid. Really concerned about Zegras and Terry now. Z went from having one of his best games to his worst. We won tonight, not gonna lie threw my iPad across the Room when Fantilli scored, but thank Goodness for Vatrano. HM to Strome and Vatrano.

We need Z, Terry, and Rico to wake the F up

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Mct/strome/frank And the 4th line are carrying. Mct has been a bit bipolar mainly due to penalties some games.

I am also coming to the conclusion that leason is a good depth player.
Saying the 4th line is carrying is stretching it quite a bit. While they are better than our recent 4th lines, they have still been outplayed when they’ve been on the ice. If we get healthy, we will have to figure out which of our bottom 6 players (Groulx, Carrick, Leason, Johnston, Silf, Jones) make the cut to play on the 4th line.

EDIT: You can add McGinn and potentially even Lundestrom to that list.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
There's definitely something going on with Z/Cronin. The prior game, there was a point when Zegras was firing away immediately at every opportunity - partly on the power play. He took several shots where I thought "why did he take that low percentage shot with no traffic in front".

My guess is that was Zegras' somewhat smart aleck response to the Cronin's request for more shots. And now tonight Zegras gets benched. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We have good things going on and have issues. Defense has been solid. Goaltending been solid, 2nd line has been solid. Really concerned about Zegras and Terry now. Z went from having one of his best games to his worst. We won tonight, not gonna lie threw my iPad across the Room when Fantilli scored, but thank Goodness for Vatrano. HM to Strome and Vatrano.

We need Z, Terry, and Rico to wake the F up

And Fowler

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Saying the 4th line is carrying is stretching it quite a bit. While they are better than our recent 4th lines, they have still been outplayed when they’ve been on the ice. If we get healthy, we will have to figure out which of our bottom 6 players (Groulx, Carrick, Leason, Johnston, Silf, Jones) make the cut to play on the 4th line.

EDIT: You can add McGinn and potentially even Lundestrom to that list.
Misspoke. 2nd line is carrying.

4th line is doing their job is what i should have said.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There's definitely something going on with Z/Cronin. The prior game, there was a point when Zegras was firing away immediately at every opportunity - partly on the power play. He took several shots where I thought "why did he take that low percentage shot with no traffic in front".

My guess is that was Zegras' somewhat smart aleck response to the Cronin's request for more shots. And now tonight Zegras gets benched. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think it’s just a teach opportunity for Cronin. Zegras is young and struggling and Cronin prob trying to light a fire under him. Turning the puck over on power play cause we’re being too fancy right now is a big no no .

Don’t think we need to read much further into it… I just hope he holds all the players to these standards

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Mct/strome/frank And the 4th line are carrying. Mct has been a bit bipolar mainly due to penalties some games.

I am also coming to the conclusion that leason is a good depth player.

Mac is still only 20 years old and might be trying to do too much, but still needs to put on more mass as well as a little more speed. I think Mac's line is the top line despite always being labeled line 2, especially now that we know we'll be having rotating 1C's this year,

I liked Leason last year when he was paired with Mac. When Mac got promoted to 1C and 2C, the eyeball on Leason softened. Glad Leason put in more work all around, including skating. Crazy to think that Leason's still 24 years old. And with Silf departure probably occurring this season, Leason is good insurance.

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
gettyimages-1743656637-612x612.jpg
The Italian Stalion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad