GDT: Game 6: 10/24 - Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 5:30 PT, BSSC (updated start time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4697.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets
3:30 PT - Game 6
IMG_4694.gif
IMG_4701.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4600.jpeg
Anaheim Ducks

Trevor Zegras -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Mason McTavish -- Ryan Strome
Adam Henrique -- Bo Groulx -- Jakob Silfverberg
Max Jones -- Sam Carrick -- Brett Leason

Cam Fowler -- Tristan Luneau
Jackson Lacombe -- Radko Gudas
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin

John Gibson
Lukas Dostal

Scratched: , Ross Johnston, Urho Vaakanainen

Injured: Brock McGinn (undisclosed),Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Alex Killorn (upper body)

IMG_4700.png
Columbus Blue Jackets

Johnny Gaudreau -- Boone Jenner -- Kirill Marchenko
Jack Roslovic -- Adam Fantilli -- Alexandre Texier
Kent Johnson -- Cole Sillinger -- Emil Bemstrom
Justin Danforth -- Sean Kuraly -- Mathieu Olivier

Zach Werenski -- Damon Severson
Ivan Provorov -- David Jiricek
Jake Bean -- Erik Gudbrandson

Elvis Merz liking
Spencer Martin

IMG_4603.gif

IMG_4703.gif

IMG_4541.gif
IMG_4602.jpeg

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Local bar happy hours are usually 4-6pm so it’s perfect, lol.
Yeah except most people have work. Gotta make money to pay those bar tabs, no matter what happy hour specials they got.

I see the slightly early start time is to allow this debacle to happen.

Oh well, I'll be happy just to see Carlsson back in the line up and I hope Zegras finally buries one and cheers as he passes the BJs bench.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It may not actually mean anything but Leo vs. Fanta is a game I'd look forward to if not for that insane start time.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah except most people have work. Gotta make money to pay those bar tabs, no matter what happy hour specials they got.

Oh well, I'll be happy just to see Carlsson back in the line up and I hope Zegras finally buries one and cheers as he passes the BJs bench.

This is beyond stupid. It screws over the local fans, and provides nothing useful for tv viewing.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Minty to land a big hit on Fantilli to put him in his place
That’s what Gudas is for. We will have to see if Oshie taught Fantilli something. Hopefully someone makes him watch Lindros highlights so he understands why he can’t play like he did in college and keeps his head up.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m nervous and excited about this game at the same time. We’ve had an undeserved shitty start in the standings and scoresheet, and it’s time to turn the tables tonight!

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro

Wasn't this on purpose? The NHL is experimenting on a NFL Redzone-like "Frozen Frenzy" setup where they show nonstop action from games happening simultaneously, albeit slightly staggered so that they can show more high octane action for a lengthened time.

I dunno if that really works for hockey, but I think it's interesting they're trying new things for marketing the league to new/casual audiences.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I love early games because I hate my job so at least I have something to look forward to!
giphy.gif

Works for those of us in the Ducks diaspora! I figured I'd have to watch the 3rd in the morning again.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It sounds like I'm the only one who thinks the NHL schedule tomorrow is pretty cool. I love that they're doing something like this.

However, not that I'm an NBA fan, but it probably wasn't smart to do it on NBA opening night...
Yeah, they're drying something different to create the hype, ai'm supporting that as well.

But yeah from a quick look perhaps they could had put more games in before and after days, and yeah... not put it with the NBA opening day. Some weekend day feels like would be the optimal choice but who knows.

As a person in the central time zone, I appreciate your sacrifice so I can actually watch the whole game live haha.
As an European, this game is not early enough :laugh:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Yeah, they're drying something different to create the hype, ai'm supporting that as well.

But yeah from a quick look perhaps they could had put more games in before and after days, and yeah... not put it with the NBA opening day. Some weekend day feels like would be the optimal choice but who knows.

As an European, this game is not early enough :laugh:
They'd have to wait for the end of February to do a weekend day. Up until then, you've got football dominating the weekends in the US, either college or pro.

Reactions: Kalv

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
They'd have to wait for the end of February to do a weekend day. Up until then, you've got football dominating the weekends in the US, either college or pro.
Naw, Saturdays open up after the National Championship which is usually the second Monday of January I believe.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Naw, Saturdays open up after the National Championship which is usually the second Monday of January I believe.
I think you might have another week or two of NFL playoff games on Saturdays. The wild card round and the divisional round are both on Saturday in mid-January. It's not until you get to the conference championships that Saturdays free up. So maybe late January then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad