Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 -1/26 7:07 PM - March of the Penguins - NESN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Samuelsson and Cooke are the two pens I hated most.

I think that wins the “Obvious Post of the Day” award (retroactive to yesterday).

That’s not much of a stretch!

LOL thanks

I’ve we’re being brutally honest with ourselves, the Bruins have absolutely had their share of thugs and goons. We embrace it, and most of us aren’t hypocrites about it.

Live by the sword... die by the sword. Such is life in the NHL.

But...

I think we have to go back a little ways to find someone on the Bruins like an Ulf Samuelsson or a Matt Cooke whose sole purpose isn’t to inflict pain or intimidate, but to injure and get good players off the ice by any means.

Marty McSorely’s cup of coffee with the Bruins comes to mind. Eddie Shore’s pole-axing of Ace Bailey (of the Maple Leafs) also comes to mind, but that was a little bit before my time.

I can’t think of anyone else.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If you look at his draft....Ovi went first and Malkin number 2.....Krejci 73........But Krejci is a better player then the 71 in front of him drafted. He should have been 3 over all that year......The MVP of the Bruins since 2010....
Idk about 3, cause Blake Wheeler has made a strong case for that spot with about 80 more points in just 20 more games played, although the case could be made Krejci's playoff success puts him ahead.

Regardless, great player and total steal in the second round.

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I’ve we’re being brutally honest with ourselves, the Bruins have absolutely had their share of thugs and goons. We embrace it, and most of us aren’t hypocrites about it.

But...

I think we have to go back a little ways to find someone on the Bruins like an Ulf Samuelsson or a Matt Cooke whose sole purpose isn’t to inflict pain or intimidate, but to injure and get good players off the ice by any means.

Marty McSorely’s cup of coffee with the Bruins comes to mind. Eddie Shore’s pole-axing of Ace Bailey (of the Maple Leafs) also comes to mind, but that was a little bit before my time.

Yeah, we've had tough guys that hit hard and inevitably cross the line as it's bound to happen when you're hitting a lot, and then there's Marchand with his history of stupid decisions and dirty plays, but I can't think of anyone in my lifetime (been watching the B's since the early 90s) that comes close to Samuelson or Cooke levels of dirty.

I hate the Penguins pretty much as much as I hate the Habs. Would love nothing more than to see them fall into irrelevancy in the post-Crosby/Malkin world, though I fear they are anticipating the same about us in a post-Bergeron/Krejci/Marchand world.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Yeah, we've had tough guys that hit hard and inevitably cross the line as it's bound to happen when you're hitting a lot, and then there's Marchand with his history of stupid decisions and dirty plays, but I can't think of anyone in my lifetime (been watching the B's since the early 90s) that comes close to Samuelson or Cooke levels of dirty.

I hate the Penguins pretty much as much as I hate the Habs. Would love nothing more than to see them fall in irrelevancy in the post-Crosby/Malkin world, though I fear they are anticipating the same about us in a post-Bergeron/Krejci/Marchand world.
Despite their glaring shortcomings, I’d take the Bruins’ front office over the Penguins’.

Pittsburgh’s strategy is tank-a-thon + Gary Bettman = Stanley Cup. It’s worked before, but one day their luck will run out. I think the Bruins win their next Cup before the Pens do.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Me too. Cooke was such an asshole. I would yell at him until I lost my voice and than I would have to do the Andy Ference sign language. He injured so many good players. he would always claim it was an accident. I was always hoping some accident would happen to him.

I remember when Looch got him when he was crashing out goal . He had cooke by the neck. Cooke was whining to the refs about it and Looch went boo f***ing hoo to cooke. When Looch came back to the bench after getting out of the box he gave me a nod as he know I LOVED it.

The player's on the B's thought I was funny. Cooke would give me dirty looks. Man I wish I could have brought my baseball bat to the games.

I could just imagine what Lucic is saying to him.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Love your enthusiasm and that is funny the Andy Ferance Sign language LOL. Awesome story about Lucic nodding at you, they must have heard you. You are so right about Cooke, he was a pretend tough guy, do all kinds of nasty crap and then like you say claim it was accidental and hide behind the refs. Always hated that guy.
I love the vid on Cooke and Marchy standing there, jawing at one another, then Marchy takes off towards the Pen goal, gets the pass and buries it. Instant Karma.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
gonna try and settle in for this one, not going to lie, really struggling to enjoy the games with no fans and fake noise in the background, have to get over it but can`t make any promises. Making homemade pasta today, drive it in my guts while watching

Really? Interesting... it's obviously different without fans but I still get amped and thoroughly enjoy watching.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love the vid on Cooke and Marchy standing there, jawing at one another, then Marchy takes off towards the Pen goal, gets the pass and buries it. Instant Karma.
Also I remember cooke's own teammate calling him out for that Savard hit. It was Bill Guerin.

Bergy was SO pissed about that hit. I remember him going over the boards as Savard was lying there. I don't think I had ever seen him so angry.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
gonna try and settle in for this one, not going to lie, really struggling to enjoy the games with no fans and fake noise in the background, have to get over it but can`t make any promises. Making homemade pasta today, drive it in my guts while watching
Yah, I really wish they would get rid of the fake noise audio. I'd much rather have the background noise of the ice and their mutterings to each other personally.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Not physically no. But I have little respect for a player his size (6'5", 230 pounds) whining about clutching & grabbing. Instead of bitching to the officials he should have bitch slapped anyone who tried it on him. That's what I mean by whiny little shit.
Not physically no. But I have little respect for a player his size (6'5", 230 pounds) whining about clutching & grabbing. Instead of bitching to the officials he should have bitch slapped anyone who tried it on him. That's what I mean by whiny little shit.
(From yesterday)

I know Beems,, I was just being a sacracsmic smartass!

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada

But...

The maclaren elbow also comes to mind for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad