GDT: Game #59 - 02.27.14 - vs Carolina - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Scoreline probably flattered the Hurricanes tonight, that goaltender of theirs stood on his head even after getting his brain scrambled.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I must be alone in thinking that Roussel's play wasn't as malicious as people make it out to be.

Penalty? Yes. Dirty? I dunno. He was skating hard and got tied up. Not much you can do.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think I may be more tantalized by the Dillon goal than the Benn one. A little play like that could really boost his confidence. He needs to play with the puck on his stick more to be that fully rounded rock we need back there on D. It'd be so nice to have one of our own Dmen finally take that next step, and do it with us rather than someone else.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Phoenix loses in a SO, so we're 1 point ahead and back in 8th.

This wasn't a great night on the out of town scoreboard for the Stars, I'm still holding out hope for an Edmonton comeback against the Wild but the Oilers look just as incompetent as ever so probably no luck there..

Just have to keep winning and let things sort themselves out.. If the Stars keep doing the right things with the puck in terms of outshooting and outchancing the opposition they'll make it in the end.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I must be alone in thinking that Roussel's play wasn't as malicious as people make it out to be.

Penalty? Yes. Dirty? I dunno. He was skating hard and got tied up. Not much you can do.

You gotta learn that getting into those main boards pissing wars are just a complete waste of time.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013

I'm with you, I still think he would have got out of the way if he didn't get hit or barely made contact. It is what it is, they got the W so who cares.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I like the guy but he's earned very little in the way of giving him the benefit of the doubt. Think if it was completely backward and a similar player bowled over Kari like that. Not many of us would be jumping to defend Marchand or Kadri in that situation.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Great win!

But we need to get the powerplay ontrack.

This would be a plus as would a bounce for Chiasson. He looked to be buzzing at times from what I watched. The lay off must of recharged the confidence meter somewhat.

Now if the 4 teams immediately behind us wouldn't have earned points (over the last 2 nights) things would be perfect... but you gotta love a tight race! No chance it would be any other way in the west... or the east for that matter.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Dallas came out looking great, but Carolina looked absolutely horrible to start. Dallas really started to get a little lazy as the game wound down.

Nuke looked like he got a few lessons form Datsyuk on patience in Russia. Really great game from him today.

Seguin looked like a machine.

Benn went full beast. Great game and hands from him.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I left the post-game on in the other room, my girlfriend just heard Ali and was like "I hate her... Her and her horse face..."

That's how bad Ali is, my girlfriend isn't much of a hockey fan but she knows Ali well enough to hate her :laugh:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I really, really loved Nichushkin's game tonight! Especially on the powerplay, was the playmaker on it and had some awesome passes. Looks like he is way ahead on his way to having "his own" line. 10th overall hypersteal <3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad