GDT: Game #59 - 02.27.14 - vs Carolina - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I hope he has the self-control to not get into that situation. Roussel is a great player and a great agitator, Ruff should try to do everything to help him to walk the balance between being an great agitator and an liability (Ott became the later). The difference between Ott and Roussel is that Ott didn't have Ruff, who is a great communicator. Roussel seems to be aware that he can't go too far, thanks to Ruff and the Texas coaching staff. Roussel on top of that seems like a smart guy, Ott never seemed too me being all that bright.

Nah, Nah, Nah .... I'm not giving Ott a free pass because of Ruff. Ott chooses to act the way he does and that's why he's a liability. Even under a rookie coach who didn't command the room all that well, Roussel rarely crossed the line. When he did, he didn't repeat the same mistake.

Sure a coach could help, but it's almost insulting to Roussel to not acknowledge he's already shown the ability to adjust his game prior to Ruff ... something Ott rarely ever did. When I watch both players, I come away looking at Roussel playing that way because that's his path in the NHL. He doesn't have a job if he doesn't play on that line with energy. Steve Ott plays that over the line, borderline dirty game because he gets his rocks off on it. That's why at times he plays totally out of control IMO. Obviously that's just what I see (can't prove a damn thing), but that's how it looks on the ice to me. Some days Ott just didn't give a damn about how his actions impacted the team.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I don't think Roussel will became liability in any form. I mean, after a talk with Ruff, he went a long stretch without taking a minor and was still productive. I trust Ruff will take control of the situation and Roussel will learn and mature his act. He is still young.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Nah, Nah, Nah .... I'm not giving Ott a free pass because of Ruff. Ott chooses to act the way he does and that's why he's a liability. Even under a rookie coach who didn't command the room all that well, Roussel rarely crossed the line. When he did, he didn't repeat the same mistake.

Sure a coach could help, but it's almost insulting to Roussel to not acknowledge he's already shown the ability to adjust his game prior to Ruff ... something Ott rarely ever did. When I watch both players, I come away looking at Roussel playing that way because that's his path in the NHL. He doesn't have a job if he doesn't play on that line with energy. Steve Ott plays that over the line, borderline dirty game because he gets his rocks off on it. That's why at times he plays totally out of control IMO. Obviously that's just what I see (can't prove a damn thing), but that's how it looks on the ice to me. Some days Ott just didn't give a damn about how his actions impacted the team.

Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear. What you wrote was exactly what I was trying to say, second language and all that. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad