Post-Game Talk: GAME 58 - No puck luck in OT but 3 points in Alberta isn't bad - Flames 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Idk why people are complaining about the extra OT points.

What do you want them to go by just regulation? If that were the case they’d be in 4th in the conference in regulation wins.

Be happy we have OT points.
On the other hand, other teams would have less points too. It's all relative.

Reactions: UncleRico

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
3v3 is no better than shootouts at this point. The NHL failed miserably.

I enjoy 3 on 3. Of course sometimes it's dull but I think it's still good much more often than it's not. When it's really good, as it was in Edmonton, it's brilliant. I was edge of my seat the entire time. And while of course it's not 'real' hockey and there is a greater amount of luck involved, for me it retains enough of the core elements of the game to still give what happens in it legitimacy. Just keep it away from playoffs.

Shootouts though I have no time for. Gimmicky, slow, often makes even top players look shockingly inept. Don't think they do the sport any favors. I'd increase the OT to 10 mins, and then if there's still no winner at the end of that, just call it a night.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I enjoy 3 on 3. Of course sometimes it's dull but I think it's still good much more often than it's not. When it's really good, as it was in Edmonton, it's brilliant. I was edge of my seat the entire time. And while of course it's not 'real' hockey and there is a greater amount of luck involved, for me it retains enough of the core elements of the game to still give what happens in it legitimacy. Just keep it away from playoffs.

Shootouts though I have no time for. Gimmicky, slow, often makes even top players look shockingly inept. Don't think they do the sport any favors. I'd increase the OT to 10 mins, and then if there's still no winner at the end of that, just call it a night.

That is probably a better example but it seems like most teams run the same predictable cycle on the perimeter before cycling back to neutral ice to repeat the process. Outside of the odd man rushes on occasion it feels too over systemwide.

More like a practice drill than hockey.

Reactions: bruins19

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That is probably a better example but it seems like most teams run the same predictable cycle on the perimeter before cycling back to neutral ice to repeat the process. Outside of the odd man rushes on occasion it feels too over systemwide.

More like a practice drill than hockey.

It can be formulaic but then so can a lot of PPs. There's an awful lot of hockey that's rinse, repeat, whether there's 3 or 4 or 5 a side. Nature of a game with a small playing surface. At least with 3 on 3 you're opening up more space for the players to show off their skills.

All such things are subjective. OT just works for me. If you polled all the fans I'd be curious what sorts of results you'd get. I'd be surprised if the number in favor wasn't at least 50%.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'd argue he's already among the best D-men from his draft class.

Sanderson and Faber are the top 2 thus far. But Lohrei is already right there with the likes of Guhle, Schneider, Barron and Drysdale.
Better then Drysdale at 6 thats for sure even if he took longer.The upside potential.seems much higher.Flyers should have gotten more for Cutter Gauthier ,but thats just my opinion .

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Better then Drysdale at 6 thats for sure even if he took longer.The upside potential.seems much higher.Flyers should have gotten more for Cutter Gauthier ,but thats just my opinion .

Craig Button called Gauthier the best prospect in the world in a piece he did a week ago. If that's true, than it sure seems like a lesser return for Philly but it's one of those deals where no one really knows the true story of how it all went down.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad