GDT: Game 58: Knights @ Avs - Climbing the Ladder - 7PM

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Didn't have time to read through the entire thread but I was surprised by how much Vegas has changed their game and their approach. Some of it has to be roster caused but I believe most of the approach is from coaching.

They used to have a superb defensive corp that contributed offensively. Seems they are now playing more conservatively and actually, I saw a lot of hesitation and reserve their game. Perhaps it was the opponent but they no longer impress me as a high velocity offensive machine. That can't all be on Stone.... as good as he is.

Their goalie played well. Yet they still lost 0 - 3.

They aren't going anywhere this off season other than scheduling some early tee times.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Just woke up after missing this one. f*** yeah. Shutout the Knights. Rants with 40. That feed by JTC on his second was 2C-ish. What a pass. Also lol to Hill on the first Rants goal. 9/10 times that's a a nothing play but it just so happens that the Moose brought his hand eye coordination tonight haha. MacK sealing the ENG with his 8th goal in 8 games is solid too. Going to watch the extended highlights again while I eat breakfast.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Been loving Georgiev's game all year. So athletic and smooth in net. Only thing I'd like to see is hopefully we get to a point where we can dial back his games. Really a shame how Francouz can't stay healthy. I know Georgie is a guy who thrives in games played but this is uncharted waters for him now. Top ten in games played and likely to hit top 5 if we keep this pace up. We need to keep him as fresh as possible come playoffs.

As for the Avs, this is exactly what we were all hoping for. Getting hot at the right time. Would much rather see this then last year when you kind of felt they were coasting into the playoffs late in the year. We just need CMAC to work some magic Friday and this team is going to take another step.

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Jack Johnson just generally seems like an awesome dude. You couldn't smack that grin off his face in the post-game interview.
We all lambasted him when we signed him initially, but the complete 180 on him is remarkable.

The guy’s 36 and played less than 100 games for the organization, but he’s going to be an Avs all time great because of his attitude, effort and likeability.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Didn't have time to read through the entire thread but I was surprised by how much Vegas has changed their game and their approach. Some of it has to be roster caused but I believe most of the approach is from coaching.

They used to have a superb defensive corp that contributed offensively. Seems they are now playing more conservatively and actually, I saw a lot of hesitation and reserve their game. Perhaps it was the opponent but they no longer impress me as a high velocity offensive machine. That can't all be on Stone.... as good as he is.

They aren't going anywhere this off season other than scheduling some early tee times.
The vegas crowd will chase Bruce Cassidy out of town they way the Broon's did.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I'd love to believe it but the thing about that particular team is that for some crazy reason, they get away with a TON of hooks and holds. More than I've seen from any other team this year by a mile.

Don't get me wrong, the Avs got away with a bunch of stuff too but that's not the Avs game. The Avs biggest strength is SPEED and IF the other team is allowed to negate that by the referees letting everything go - then it evens the playing field and that's a team that could do some damage in the playoffs just by that fact alone.

Least penalized team in the league is an absolute JOKE the way that team plays. :shakehead

I won't be surprised if they re-acquire Ryan Reaves this week - feels like they need someone to rip hair out of someone's head with NO CALL - to even things out.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I'd love to believe it but the thing about that particular team is that for some crazy reason, they get away with a TON of hooks and holds. More than I've seen from any other team this year by a mile.

Don't get me wrong, the Avs got away with a bunch of stuff too but that's not the Avs game. The Avs biggest strength is SPEED and IF the other team is allowed to negate that by the referees letting everything go - then it evens the playing field and that's a team that could do some damage in the playoffs just by that fact alone.

Least penalized team in the league is an absolute JOKE the way that team plays. :shakehead

I won't be surprised if they re-acquire Ryan Reaves this week - feels like they need someone to rip hair out of someone's head with NO CALL - to even things out.
They desperately need goal scoring, but felt the need to add Barbashev. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to grab Reaves back. They haven’t been the same team against us since he left.

How long is that Stone contract? And he’s already a shell of himself. They’re kind of screwed.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

There were some posters on our board saying this when Vegas nabbed Eichel. They've acquired more skilled players but that took away from their physical, defensive, and neutral zone trap game that worked so well against the Avs.

I don't think the Avs have any problems with Vegas if they meet in the postseason.

How long is that Stone contract? And he’s already a shell of himself. They’re kind of screwed.
You can bet your ass their going to get a Get Out of Jail Free card on him and his back.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
There were some posters on our board saying this when Vegas nabbed Eichel. They've acquired more skilled players but that took away from their physical, defensive, and neutral zone trap game that worked so well against the Avs.

I don't think the Avs have any problems with Vegas if they meet in the postseason.

You can bet your ass their going to get a Get Out of Jail Free card on him and his back.
It’s gonna be total BS when it happens too. Lol

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I legit haven't seen Eichel do anything against us. Did he even register a SOG? A total non-factor
The only thing I can remember him doing is getting chased back into his own zone by Toews and then almost coughing the puck up before going for a line change.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It's simply impossible to dislike JMFJ!

60910bd43fb70839533e13f8f771afa8_w200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad