GDT: GAME 58 | Coyotes @ Senators | Ugh, Whatever! Edition | Fri Mar 1st 7PM, 2024 | TSN5, RDS

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Brady is a good player and definitely can be part of a winning core. But not the guy you "build around".

Like the only reason that is even a thing is because of his last name, not actually because of his leadership or quality as a player, it's the marketing.

Anyway the sooner this team goes away from being "Brady's (and Chabot's) team" to the Senators the better the winning identity will be.

And that happens when Sanderson/Stutzle/Pinto/Greig supplant the "leadership" core of Brady/Chabot/Batherson do we start seeing the shift.
A few people in the media had it right. We needed some back-up for Giroux in the vet space. Especially in the D. Although Chabot has been around... he is not there yet.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That was one of the main problems under DJ, as well. The team just doesn't seem ready at puck drop, and doesn't play a 60-minute game. It's frustrating as hell.
Actually no, not this year. The team was scoring first a lot. First goal 17 times in 25 games under DJ. What was going good under Jacques was steadier play when we scored first. Then we stopped scoring first.

Reactions: Emrasie

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don't think we need to trade him. I'm saying if a decision is made for dramatic change he's not on my untouchable list. We've seen his best season. It's a PPG where he gets fed opportunities on the PP and has Ovechkin numbers of shots with half the goals Ovechkin put up.

He's a guy who needs talent around him to succeed. If you ever want to see 40+ goals out of him it's going to be a Zach Hyman situation where we get McDavid or Crosby centering for him.
Imo this is totally crazy. He’s one of the best all round players in the league. You don’t consider moving him unless he DEMANDS to be moved. He needs to be surrounded and supported not abandoned. Staios seems to agree so i won’t pay too much attention to your Brady takes.

Reactions: thinkwild

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Is the problem DJ?

The problem is we all subscribe to this one factor analysis. First, it was DJ, and now it is the goaltending.
Amen to that.

This is something that I wonder about.

It's a bit deceiving perhaps because at times this team can play really well. We'll win four game, but then lose the next four. There hasn't been much consistency.

But those good games give us hope, and perhaps there is a tendency to believe or to want to believe and that it's just one thing that is holding us back. That kind of shallow analysis can be misleading, but it feels better to think almost everything is really good except that one thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The guys you singled out to respond were literally not given any shifts. What do you want them to do, jump the boards and get a ten game suspension? That's why you think they are useless turds?

The refs let the game get out of hand, maybe Jacques should have recognized that and sent out the 4th line to police the game instead of trying to complete the comeback, I wouldn't mind that given the state of the season, but players can't police the game when they aren't given shifts.
Well, in my defence, both facts can be true. They could have not been given many shifts and also be useless turds.
But point taken.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well, in my defence, both facts can be true. They could have not been given many shifts and also be useless turds.
But point taken.
I like this compromise, useless turd that maybe weren't at fault for the lack of reaction last game, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad