GDT: Game 58: Columbus vs. Nashville | 2/19 6PM

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sorry to re-open an old thread but I have state away from weighing in on this topic of Joey and his lack of a tribute. I do think it has gotten silly where every player who has played more than four years with a team seems to deserve a tribute.

I started thinking about this as I watched the Subban tribute in Montreal. Clearly there was a wonderful connection between Subban and Habs fans...and it went both ways. Subban was also incredibly generous off the ice in the community as well.

Reading the debate in this thread...just not sure there was ever that love affair with Joey. It seems he is simply viewed as an uber talented player who never matured in his time here, rarely played to his potential and seemed to float in and out of games rarely giving 100%

Maybe the higher ups did him the favor of not being embarrassed. Do you really think he would have been given the same kind of reception Subban was given? I think some would have cheered enthusiastically but most would have politely applauded and that would have been the end of it.

Who else in the league do we still owe a tribute to? Tyutin? Jake? Brass? Boll?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sorry to re-open an old thread but I have state away from weighing in on this topic of Joey and his lack of a tribute. I do think it has gotten silly where every player who has played more than four years with a team seems to deserve a tribute.

I started thinking about this as I watched the Subban tribute in Montreal. Clearly there was a wonderful connection between Subban and Habs fans...and it went both ways. Subban was also incredibly generous off the ice in the community as well.

Reading the debate in this thread...just not sure there was ever that love affair with Joey. It seems he is simply viewed as an uber talented player who never matured in his time here, rarely played to his potential and seemed to float in and out of games rarely giving 100%

Maybe the higher ups did him the favor of not being embarrassed. Do you really think he would have been given the same kind of reception Subban was given? I think some would have cheered enthusiastically but most would have politely applauded and that would have been the end of it.

Who else in the league do we still owe a tribute to? Tyutin? Jake? Brass? Boll?

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...mesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,gamesPlayed

21st in cumulative scoring over the past 4 seasons in the NHL. 19th among fowards.

Some floater:laugh: What was his "potential"? 5th in the league?

The tribute is management's discretion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad