Pre-Game Talk: Game #57: Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings - Monday, Feb. 3rd 4:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So no deep playoff run for Vancouver?

Nah, they're tapped after their exhaustive runs over the last two seasons. :sarcasm:

In seriousness, anything can happen in the playoffs. There's a veteran core here that's capable of upping their game. But...we haven't really seen that happen in any sort of consistent way for a good long while. So much as I'd like to hope they pull it together, I'm not counting on it.

Would love for them to prove me wrong.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
hang on fellas. i know we're getting torts back, and tahts a good thing, but is there any way we can replace him with "luongo321"? i think hes got the common sense wisdom and good ol' gumption needed to elbow grease some common sense into danny

I'll only do it if MrShift4 is part of my coaching staff though. :handclap:

Pseudonymous*

everytime i think about the red wings, i feel so bad for them, that weiss situation is definitely weighing them down

then again, we also have some pretty serious issues

Pseudonymous*

why bother watching canuck if already see automatic loss......

Alot of people will watch regardless if they are pretty sure itll be a loss, i like to watch how individuals play, i like to track the progress. Especially prospects

I dont think this is an automatic loss though. Just figured i'd chime in considering i've watched games where i was confident they'd lose. I enjoy watching the things within the game, regardless of outcome

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Excellent.

Can I ask a favour. Can you please wrap all your players, the boards, the sticks, the net and especially the puck in bubble wrap and replace the ice with nice soft foam?

There would still be 5 injuries combined :laugh:

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I think this is our best chance for points on this trip. Montreal and Toronto could go either way but I think Boston will hurt us.

Screw 9th place.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Torts is back with a vengeance:

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1m

"I apologize first and foremost to the players, to the organization and to the league. It hasn't been a great two weeks" - Tortorella
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 42s

"We had meetings this morning, we have a long list of things we need to improve at. We need to start over on the mental side" - Tortorella

"We're off the rails on a lot of different aspects. Every aspect of our game is off. This team can and will play the right way" - Tortorella

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 32s

"We've let a lot of teams back into the picture here, we've got a job to do and we're going to face it head on" - Tortorella #Canucks

"You get lost sometimes, we need to take a look at the details. We won't win every game, but we need to at least play the right way" - Torts

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 40s

That's a wrap on Tortorella, who ended saying his team needs "tougher skin." That starts tonight in Detroit. #Canucks

Last edited:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
We have played well in Detroit the last few years and with Torts back I think the team will have some added energy. I have a feeling we win this game... not enough to bet on it though. lol

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Torts is back with a vengeance:

I have to say that I think this break could be a blessing in disguise for this team.

I understand with a new coach with Tort's personality coming in, it's an intense adjustment period. I think it gives the players and Torts a chance to step back, take a breath, and assess where everything is at.

The players also get a chance to compare how things work with someone who isn't Torts (i.e. Sullivan) - hopefully giving them perspective on why Torts is a "better" coach, therefore resulting in more buy in when he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad