GDT: Game 57: Van @ Col February 20, 2024 7PM (MT) [Tired of late GDTs edition]

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Guys. It’s June 2024. The Avs surround the cup at center ice. Landeskog skates to betman to recover the Avs 4 Stanley cup. Instead of raising it for his own, he looks back at the group of Avs players and motions one Av to come over and be the one to raise it above his head. Ryjo comes out of the crowd. The people finally get to see Ryjo lift the cup. It’s what the people want. As Ryjo lifts the cup in jubilation, the camera pans to the CMac in the Avs box. He smiles to himself. No one else knew. But he did. Ryjo was the missing piece.

You left out the part where RyJo drops the cup. He would definitely drop the cup out of shear exhaustion in trying to raise it over his head.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I don't think even that new OpenAI Sora thing could make this story happen.
You should try Gemini. It's amazing.

1708492403092.png

Personally I like to keep things in perspective. Avs got dominated for 15 min in the 1st and played with fire for the whole 3rd. By a team that played last night and traveled while we were waiting at home, rested.

To me that's far more telling and important about our capability to compete against good teams than how lucky Georgiev was.
I understand your point, but I wasn't talking about our teams capability to compete against good teams specifically. I was simply commenting that George did nothing in this game, despite only allowing 1 goal to alleviate my concerns about him. He didn't even look particularly good IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: sethro109

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The 4th line is quietly becoming a big problem, they’re getting caved almost every shift.

Toews has had a good couple games after struggling for abit.

*shutters* RyJo and Georgiev were the best Avs tonight.

You take the 2 points against the top team in the league while being short two top 9 forwards, including our second most important one.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So, is there actually a rhyme or reason as to which .jpeg or .gif files are allowed to be shown and which get the errors or is it just a shot in the dark?
The ones I post with a link with seem to work fine. The ones that are uploaded seem to only show up one time. If you navigate away from that page, and go back to it, they disappear.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Maybe I'm just a complete idiot, well there really isn't much of an argument...but still, why not immediately reverse to the prior build?
Having done this for decades at simple and global levels, it screams volumes about the entity managing and making choices about their domain. Agree with ya 1000% about reverting.. except if they did 0 stress testing on a new build, chances reverting to a prior build would have similar bad outcomes. Happens to be up my alley, this.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sam Girard was our best player tonight IMO.

Flawless puck retrieval and breakouts, smooth passing and driving play up the ice.
Agreed he was easily the best player IMO. He had probably his best game in years.

Watching him manhandle Miller and make a clutch clear on the PK was probably the best play I've seen him make. Hopefully this was a turning point for him. It would be nice to be back to reliable G.

Reactions: Perratrooper

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Having done this for decades at simple and global levels, it screams volumes about the entity managing and making choices about their domain. Agree with ya 1000% about reverting.. except if they did 0 stress testing on a new build, chances reverting to a prior build would have similar bad outcomes. Happens to be up my alley, this.
:laugh: I'm glad you didn't put up too much of a fight about me being an idiot.

Technology, two steps forward...one step back. Sucks when you hit the roadblocks and obstacles but still, if you look at the overarching effects it is increasing our ease of living and making us lazier than ever.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Am glad that after many moons of minimal investment in Avsgoing back to last season and their fvcked up ending, then this slog season so far.. am glad I put energy into this particular game this eve.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
:laugh: I'm glad you didn't put up too much of a fight about me being an idiot.

Technology, two steps forward...one step back. Sucks when you hit the roadblocks and obstacles but still, if you look at the overarching effects it is increasing our ease of living and making us lazier than ever.
Oh man... do you manage this web site?

Hey man... that is NOT for the feint of heart. Can't even begin to articulate how many crash and burn meltdown moments have been the responsible owner of.

Not kidding, I have mega props for those who take stuff like this on. This is NOT easy.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oh man... do you manage this web site?

Hey man... that is NOT for the feint of heart. Can't even begin to articulate how many crash and burn meltdown moments have been the responsible owner of.

Not kidding, I have mega props for those who take stuff like this on. This is NOT easy.
If I managed this website, you'd have already read about the union of MacCrosbinnon at the sacrifice of Johansen under the last full moon.

But I absolutely agree, whoever manages this technology has a pretty thankless job. I kind of hope they are into knitting or model rockets or anything other than hockey just so they don't come here during their off time and see me acting like a complete jackass.

• Haha
Reactions: drhiii

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I would convince myself CMac is a genius and that RyJo doing nothing for the majority of the season was their scheme all along to build some character for the team in preparation for the playoffs
It's really just to motivate Rants to want to play C so they can run MacK Rants and RyJo up the middle and have three #1Cs.

Best depth at centre since the 1987 Canada cup team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad