GDT: Game 57: Van @ Col February 20, 2024 7PM (MT) [Tired of late GDTs edition]

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Decided this eve to drop the hammer with Piraat (did so for the yotes game too, but that was midway into the game. Chickensheit move my part). There is power in massing vibe.

Knew the AVs would win. Piraat would impose it's will on the game. Now Avs snap out of the dullness and inspite of not nearly having the horses to be a contenda, and george is a legit backup... fvck all that. Win anyway. Ya have to play the game.
PXL_20240221_043920176.MP333333333333.jpg

(and curious thing would be... does dude <me> believe Piraat has a fvcking thing to do with it, is he <me> that cray.. or is this all a ruse?)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nice win.

George really showed up after that first goal on like the 2nd shot.

Lol RyJo with the big 2 goal game, didn't think I'd ever see that.

Good team effort otherwise.

Didn't like 8 or 96 again unfortunately. They are not playing good hockey right now. It's making things exceedingly difficult on the team. Need them to pull their heads out quickly.

Reactions: drhiii

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Nice win.

George really showed up after that first goal on like the 2nd shot.

Lol RyJo with the big 2 goal game, didn't think I'd ever see that.

Good team effort otherwise.

Didn't like 8 or 96 again unfortunately. They are not playing good hockey right now. It's making things exceedingly difficult on the team. Need them to pull their heads out quickly.
Cale was great in the offensive zone, but lost or making terrible turnovers in the defensive zone. He's been like that for a while now. He needs to watch a lot of tape and get right, fast because we're going to need him playing good defensively against Toronto and Dallas.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Look you guys can fight me or call me mean names or whatever, but I didn't think George looked particularly good tonight. I mean, only 1 goal went it, so I'll give him SOME credit, but he got bailed out by some lucky posts and was swimming in the net a lot of the night. I think tonights performance is way more on the commitment of guys to clear the front out and battle for pucks. Add some luck and you get a 1 goal game. I still don't like George.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Look you guys can fight me or call me mean names or whatever, but I didn't think George looked particularly good tonight. I mean, only 1 goal went it, so I'll give him SOME credit, but he got bailed out by some lucky posts and was swimming in the net a lot of the night. I think tonights performance is way more on the commitment of guys to clear the front out and battle for pucks. Add some luck and you get a 1 goal game. I still don't like George.
I mean, I can call you names if it will make you feel better. But I'm not going to argue with anything else you said.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Guys. It’s June 2024. The Avs surround the cup at center ice. Landeskog skates to betman to recover the Avs 4 Stanley cup. Instead of raising it for his own, he looks back at the group of Avs players and motions one Av to come over and be the one to raise it above his head. Ryjo comes out of the crowd. The people finally get to see Ryjo lift the cup. It’s what the people want. As Ryjo lifts the cup in jubilation, the camera pans to the CMac in the Avs box. He smiles to himself. No one else knew. But he did. Ryjo was the missing piece.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Did you think that the Avs look good?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
POOP FACE!

• Love
Reactions: wayninja

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Did you think that the Avs look good?

Avs biggest weakness going into game were goaltending, puck carelessness, and defensive zone play. I saw strides in the latter 2. I watched george look shaky AF but come out with 1 goal. I dunno. Some players look pretty good. Some look terrible. George looks terrible still.

POOP FACE!

Reminds me of mom

• Haha
Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Credit to RyJo, he played well tonight, but the people in the DNVR chat need to calm down. They're acting like he's suddenly prime Gretzky. He needs to string together some good games before he gets off the shit list.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Guys. It’s June 2024. The Avs surround the cup at center ice. Landeskog skates to betman to recover the Avs 4 Stanley cup. Instead of raising it for his own, he looks back at the group of Avs players and motions one Av to come over and be the one to raise it above his head. Ryjo comes out of the crowd. The people finally get to see Ryjo lift the cup. It’s what the people want. As Ryjo lifts the cup in jubilation, the camera pans to the CMac in the Avs box. He smiles to himself. No one else knew. But he did. Ryjo was the missing piece.
It would take him 5 minutes to skate over to get it, and 20 to circle the ice with it.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't think even that new OpenAI Sora thing could make this story happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Guys. It’s June 2024. The Avs surround the cup at center ice. Landeskog skates to betman to recover the Avs 4 Stanley cup. Instead of raising it for his own, he looks back at the group of Avs players and motions one Av to come over and be the one to raise it above his head. Ryjo comes out of the crowd. The people finally get to see Ryan reach for the holy grail...then the spirit of Ryan Stoa appears and knocks it out of his hand. He was found not worthy after all.....

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs biggest weakness going into game were goaltending, puck carelessness, and defensive zone play. I saw strides in the latter 2. I watched george look shaky AF but come out with 1 goal. I dunno. Some players look pretty good. Some look terrible. George looks terrible still.

Reminds me of mom
Personally I like to keep things in perspective. Avs got dominated for 15 min in the 1st and played with fire for the whole 3rd. By a team that played last night and traveled while we were waiting at home, rested.

To me that's far more telling and important about our capability to compete against good teams than how lucky Georgiev was.

Reactions: wayninja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad