GDT: [Game #57] Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Got goalie'd for the 2nd game in a row. This one a whole lot more than the last though.

Oh well, deserved for not playing Stankoven

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Ran out of steam. We deserved more out of the last two games but there it is. And as always, goalies seem to raise their game against us.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
our style always seems to consistently get us goalie'd

Used to be the case, but now with us being one of the highest scoring teams in the NHL I'm not sure it is any more.

Rangers with 8 wins in a row. That's a team that's living right right now and getting a lot of bounces their way

Reactions: Kipper 17

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'm glad they held Stankoven out. Would've been completely demoralizing to have him be manhandled by a team with a lot of big guys after arriving late and not having any practice/skating time with the team, lose, and DeBoer not play him again until next season because he wants to switch it up after a loss. :laugh:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1000010710.png

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Used to be the case, but now with us being one of the highest scoring teams in the NHL I'm not sure it is any more.

Rangers with 8 wins in a row. That's a team that's living right right now and getting a lot of bounces their way
Yeah, I know I'm biased but I feel we never get the puck luck, or the lucky bounce. Wrong I know but that's what I feel like.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I still don’t understand the whole idea of Stank being loaned to Texas already after they went through all the trouble to get him with the team if Duchene was that close, and it was just for this one game. Why not call up a grinder if that was going to be the case.

Unless it was just a paper transaction.

Reactions: Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I still don’t understand the whole idea of Stank being loaned to Texas already after they went through all the trouble to get him with the team if Duchene was that close, and it was just for this one game. Why not call up a grinder if that was going to be the case.

It wasn't. Stanky woke up at 430am to fly to NYC.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Look, I love Miro and Jamie.. but pick someone else to talk to in the postgame for the love of hockej

simplify and then pucks on net y'all

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
A worrying trend

Lost to Toronto
Lost to Edmonton
Lost to Boston
Lost to New York

Only bright spot is beating Carolina.

Still jury out on this team not being able to execute against the best.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I'd be more concerned if they looked outclassed. But I thought they outplayed New York (on a back-to-back, 3 in 4 nights against good teams) and Boston yesterday. The Edmonton game was 50/50.

While only coming out with two points is not great, I'm not overly concerned.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The sending him back down is a paper transaction. He's still with the NHL team and will go with them to their next stop.

It looks like the answer relates to the team now being into Dadonov's LTIR dollars, so they want to consume as few as possible.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
The sending him back down is a paper transaction. He's still with the NHL team and will go with them to their next stop.

It looks like the answer relates to the team now being into Dadonov's LTIR dollars, so they want to consume as few as possible.
But they can’t accrue when someone is on LTIR. He gone :(

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
A worrying trend

Lost to Toronto
Lost to Edmonton
Lost to Boston
Lost to New York

We always lose to Toronto (and usually Boston too as of late). We beat the Rangers and Oilers earlier this year (Oilers weren't as good back then, but still). Also beat the Canucks, Jets, etc. this season.

Now I will say this is an interesting stretch for us to close out this month. 3 straight losses now, then we play Ottawa next on the road who we always lose to, Carolina on the road, the Islanders in Dallas who we already lost to, then Colorado in Colorado on the 2nd night of a B2B. Then Winnipeg in Dallas to close out the month

That's a lot of games I'd normally count as a loss ahead of time. Let's see how many of those we win

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
A worrying trend

Lost to Toronto
Lost to Edmonton
Lost to Boston
Lost to New York

They did crush NYR earlier this year, beat EDM, WPG a couple times, TB to name a few.

So it’s not all bad. They never look outclased in those losses you listed either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad