GDT: Game 57: Avs @ Jets - 6PM - I Can't Watch, Is it Over Yet?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Im willing to play almost anyone over Ghetto at this point. Really hate that guy. He literally does nothing for this team.
I would still prefer Ghetto over Bourque, but he has been getting worse. Maybe aquiring good 4th line players at the deadline this year wouldn't be the worse case moving forward.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I still think we got a good 3rd liner/2nd line call up with him. I believe only playing 1 year of college kinda stinted his development. I think in 2 seasons he'll be a solid player. Also sophomore slump is a saying for a reason.

I dont, at all. He's soft on the puck, like ridiculously soft which is a very bad thing considering he bulked this summer to get stronger and lost all his speed in doing so. Which brings me to the next point, the fact he literally has no speed at all. Dude looks like he is skating in mud every time he's on the ice.

He's also completely reacting to the play instead of reading the play and acting before anything happens. This part could be related to confidence but I'm not convinced not with his skating being as bad as it is. His only chance IMO of turning his career around is to drop the bulk weight he put on and get his foot speed back up to the levels of last year. I mean that is still a slow player but at least its closer to league average and perhaps his hands will allow him to win the board battles since his size wont be doing that.

The effort level is there but that's concerning because it tells me the skill level simply isn't. I know Sakic wont do it but if I were the Avs I'd be looking to trade him while he still has draft pedigree value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad