GDT: Game 57: Avs @ Jets - 6PM - I Can't Watch, Is it Over Yet?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Funwick will never be topped. Worst hockey player I've ever seen.

Zanon was close, but he was masked by the rest of the team he was on.

Reactions: MacBradley

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
There is some obvious ones everyone has brought up, but hes probably the most recent one that disgusted me most. Just a lazy ****, and then he yells at people about the logo. Whoever brought him up as a pro scout should have probably been fired on the spot before he was ever brought in. The bad part is that person probably still works for the Avs lol.

a 2 on 2 that he turned into a 2 on 1 just cuz. He backs in so far he nearly runs into Varly.
2j47wxg.gif

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
a 2 on 2 that he turned into a 2 on 1 just cuz. He backs in so far he nearly runs into Varly.
2j47wxg.gif
This play will forever live in infamy for the Avs organization, lol.

I must admit, I don't think there is truly one player I can honestly hate ever playing in an Avs sweater. Well certain prospects and how they didn't make the NHL is frustrating and certain players have some frustrating habits such as Barrie constantly forcing plays that aren't there. However, I've played with so many players in my life time (NHLers, Europes, USHLers, BCHLers, Beer leaguers) that I can't criticize ones who are really terrible because they just started playing hockey. I see the NHL as a similar level, once you play with so many different talent groups you start to understand that there are constant players going between the NHL and AHL that strictly belong in the AHL. I blame that more on the coaching and front office staff more than the player being truly terrible. If there is one person I hope we will never ever hear from again, it is Francois Giguere.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I must admit, I don't think there is truly one player I can honestly hate ever playing in an Avs sweater. Well certain prospects and how they didn't make the NHL is frustrating and certain players have some frustrating habits such as Barrie constantly forcing plays that aren't there. However, I've played with so many players in my life time (NHLers, Europes, USHLers, BCHLers, Beer leaguers) that I can't criticize ones who are really terrible because they just started playing hockey. I see the NHL as a similar level, once you play with so many different talent groups you start to understand that there are constant players going between the NHL and AHL that strictly belong in the AHL. I blame that more on the coaching and front office staff more than the player being truly terrible. If there is one person I hope we will never ever hear from again, it is Francois Giguere.
Why Francois? I didnt like him either but I cant forgive the Lacroix's for the handling of ROR.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

avs_why.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why Francois? I didnt like him either but I cant forgive the Lacroix's for the handling of ROR.
I get the Snake Lacroix hate, but he also still won us two Cups with some really shrewd moves. He overstayed his welcome, but that's because Kroenke supports seniority and loyalty over actual skill. However Lacroix also signed Brad May and if there is a player you can ever hate being an Av, it's him.

Francois just sucked at everything he touched, instead of realising this team needed to retool for the cap in such huge ways he went out and got tail end players like Hannan and Smyth. He prevented to rebuild as much as humanly possible which set our team back by so much. Certain teams were prepared for the Cap like Detroit, but ours was like the modern day version of the Minnesota Wild barely making the post season and losing in the 1st or 2nd round year after year. It got so bad that we then had to start a full on rebuild in 2009. Additionally, every single move Giguere made was simply Mediocre with a capital M and those are the worst kind of GM's.

Touch with an e. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yes I saw the same Mack as far as effort was concerned. What was different was that he wasn't trying to do everything by himself. He was using his teammates more efficiently. Before the effort was there but he was losing the puck and turning it over all the time therefore having less shots on net. When he was shooting it was wide very often because he was trying to pick corners therefore less shots as well. Then after a few bad goals against he would get deflated and therefore less shot on net again. Stats can be interpreted different ways. Look at how dominant they were usually until they get scored stupid goals against. When a team quits on their coach they get dominated pretty much the entire game because they don't want to win to get him fired. The camera is not always on Mack on the bench so how do you know if Mack wasn't talking to Bednar before?

But Hey go ahead and keep escalating this higher by telling me how much better than anybody you are at watching the game and that you can read people's mind. I guess if we don't agree with you we don't know how to watch a game. Please let me know what my next opinion will be.

lol you know it all, man. Keep up the great work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad