GDT: Game #56 San Jose at BRUINS - 2/9 7:00 PM | NESN, SN360, SN-W, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Be careful Susan. The worst hasnt even got to Boston yet. Right now its coming down real hard in Worcester. Cant even see down my street.

As far the game goes I understand it wont be canceled as the Sharks are already here. Besides it may help that JJ and Charlie get a preview of what the stands could look like for the next couple of years.

:laugh: Was waiting for this during the game

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If you call (617) 624-1900 you will be told

1. NHL rules say the game MUST be played.

2. NO REFUNDS

You can leave a voicemail at end of message. I left a very succinct message:

1) NHL "rules" notwithstanding, NHL rules are at odds with the request/directive of Mayor and Governor.

2) Despite no refund "rules" on ticket, if Boston decides it must honor NHL rules, then Mr. Jacobs certainly has enough money to refund those who can't get in to game -- if only to avoid having his team's fans take unwarranted risks.

3) Although I wish no ill will to anyone, if someone tries to go to the game and gets hurt, I truly hope they sue Mr. Jacobs as aggressively as possible.

After the PR trainwreck on Tuesday, you'd think the Bruins might use this situation as a means of going the extra mile to do something positive/in support of their fans. Turns out old JJ doesn't want to go the extra centimeter.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Be careful Susan. The worst hasnt even got to Boston yet. Right now its coming down real hard in Worcester. Cant even see down my street.

As far the game goes I understand it wont be canceled as the Sharks are already here. Besides it may help that JJ and Charlie get a preview of what the stands could look like for the next couple of years.

Thanks Wally....Amanda really wants to go but we will probably stay in NH...make popcorn and call it a night.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Amazing.

I get that NHL rules say the game must be played.

However, I also understand that Mr. Jacobs has been paid for the tickets -- so he wins no matter what. So really what he is doing is to tell fans "hey although Governor is asking all of you to stay home, you get jack squat from me if you choose not to put your life in danger -- your choice".

I'm not going to be stupid and endanger myself for a team (management) that doesn't value it's fans. However, some people will -- hope it all works out for them.

What a minor league organization.

NHL Corporate Office Headquarters
1185 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Corporate Phone Number: 1-212-789-2000

You will get a recording saying the NHL is closed today but offers you the chance to leave voicemail. When prompted ask for Bill Daly and you will get his voicemail. Let him know how bad it is here.

This is insanity.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Number8 is on a tear lately.

Absolutely crushing it!

I tell you SFM..... I am one unhappy "fan".

Guy is 481st richest man on the planet with a net worth of over $3.6B ..... and he runs his program like this!!! Boggles my mind.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
New York, NY 10036

You will get a recording saying the NHL is closed today but offers you the chance to leave voicemail. When prompted ask for Bill Daly and you will get his voicemail. Let him know how bad it is here.

This is insanity.

New York and the East coast has already gone/going through this not just Boston.... now the way it's been presented here 1-3" per hour of heavy snow for Coastal Maine as of 12:45 Central Maine already had another 6" YESTERDAY, CAPPED off w/ sleet, and then rose to 50 degrees, before this came in, currently it's 14...

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
New York, NY 10036

This is insanity.

Thanks Fenway! Dialing now....

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I may be in the minority, because I wasn't going anyway. I want the game. It will be boring without one.

Yes, I am selfish. Whatever

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Tonight has "stay at home and watch the game while eating some jumbo home-cooked meatballs" written all over it.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am checking with a friend who works there in concessions to see what he has heard.

Standby one, Houston.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I may be in the minority, because I wasn't going anyway. I want the game. It will be boring without one.

Yes, I am selfish. Whatever

Same. I will be pissed if it is canceled. It has already been so long since the last game, and so much has happened. I'm anxious to see the "new" product on the ice.

Really hoping they don't cancel it.

Yep, I know, it is selfish.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Really? Complaining about a little snow? Remember a few weeks ago so many of you couldn't understand why those in Carolina couldn't get to the game. But you all are used to driving in snow.
I'm just having fun with you all. I lived 40+ years in the Foxborough area. Just sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt enjoying the warm Florida sun.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Really though I am waiting for the game. I want to see if the leash is taken off the Bruins offense. I expect their goals for to go up, but also the goals against. Should be interesting.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They just sent out the text for game day passes lmao

The "defensive minded loge" option still has the picture of Clode.

I thought you were kidding :laugh:

oTtmOBW.png

L7eoYNN.png

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just for some perspective, Forbes Magazine lists Mr. Jacobs as the 481st richest man on planet with a net worth of $4.2B as of 2017.

Let's say he got crazy generous and told all fans -- "NHL says we have to play. But I don't want you to take any risks. I will refund EVERY ticket at face value. Please stay home and be safe."

That would be very generous and classy. It also wouldn't take much. If you take 15,000 fans and multiply the average ticket by:

$100 - $1.5M or 0.036% of his net worth.
$250 - $3.75M or 0.089% of his net worth.
$500 - $7.5M or 0.18% of his net worth.

Now, I'm not saying that $7.5M is chump change to be tossed around (the average ticket price for Garden also isn't anything close to $500 either though!).

I'm just showing that at even most outrageous estimates of what it would cost him -- it would still be less than 1/5 of 1% of his net worth.

Take your own net worth and multiply it by 0.001786 and tell me if you'd spend the equivalent to make this gesture if you were in his shoes. Keep in mind that would equate to a mind boggling $500 per average ticket refund. If you use the actual (closer to $100 average) multiply your own net worth by 0.000357.

You'll be amazed when you see the number.

He truly is an Ebanezer Scrooge --- it's extraordinary.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just for some perspective, Forbes Magazine lists Mr. Jacobs as the 481st richest man on planet with a net worth of $4.2B as of 2017.

Let's say he got crazy generous and told all fans -- "NHL says we have to play. But I don't want you to take any risks. I will refund EVERY ticket at face value. Please stay home and be safe."

That would be very generous and classy. It also wouldn't take much. If you take 15,000 fans and multiply the average ticket by:

$100 - $1.5M or 0.036% of his net worth.
$250 - $3.75M or 0.089% of his net worth.
$500 - $7.5M or 0.18% of his net worth.

Now, I'm not saying that $7.5M is chump change to be tossed around (the average ticket price for Garden also isn't anything close to $500 either though!).

I'm just showing that at even most outrageous estimates of what it would cost him -- it would still be less than 1/5 of 1% of his net worth.

Take your own net worth and multiply it by 0.001786 and tell me if you'd spend the equivalent to make this gesture if you were in his shoes. Keep in mind that would equate to a mind boggling $500 per average ticket refund. If you use the actual (closer to $100 average) multiply your own net worth by 0.000357.

You'll be amazed when you see the number.

He truly is an Ebanezer Scrooge --- it's extraordinary.

We live in a world of excess, He could give away 3 billion of his net worth and still not have to worry about money again...but he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad