GDT: Game 56: Preds vs. Devils | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | The Boys are back in Town!

1459.gif

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Weber with the win in OT. Great comeback there. Hutton came up big when we needed him to in OT with that save and then the captain with his 2nd goal.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Leggy had the open net he buried it. We have to win in OT as we know our shootout record

Our shootout record is better than the Devils'.

Zids kicks the puck off Wilson's stick straight to Weber for the GWG. Thanks, Marek.

Another win for Hutton. Ugly as hell for him in the late 2nd ... but a win with a couple of big saves when they counted ... ask Ryder.

I'll be the loudmouth screaming at our guys tomorrow night. Listen for the obscenities on the arena mics.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
good game guys! our ineptitude to hold a lead with the goalie pulled strikes again :laugh:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Looking at the replay, Zids kicked the puck away from Wilson, right on to Webers stick...

edit... 101 and i are watching the same feed I see

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Weber looking mighty Norrisy these days....

The problem is that he's looked good for one out of four months. Keith has a strong case for the Norris. The big strike against Karlsson is his +/- this season compared to his Norris season, but his goals and assists look good. Chara is held back by his assist number while putting up the goals and minutes. Hedman and Krug have outside shots with their current numbers.

For Shea to have a strong case requires him playing the rest of the season like he has in January ... good numbers in all situations (more ES goals and assists in Jan than Oct - Dec combined while still a major part of a top ten PP) and an improving +/- (only two winners with a minus rating since 1981-82, three since the last Leafs championship season, one of them Lidstrom in his final year).

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The problem is that he's looked good for one out of four months.

You truly believe that??

Again, I just shake my head in disbelief at the level of criticism Weber gets on this board.

I will agree he isn't the favorite for the Norris at this point, but he has been damn good all season, and GREAT the past month.....

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
If Hutton would cut down on the soft goals he could be a solid keeper in this league. He's made some pretty solid saves in the clutch.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
The problem is that he's looked good for one out of four months.

Yeah whatever. He has 25 points in 25 games. Leads all D in goals. If this is Weber good one out of four months I will take it the rest of his career here.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
You truly believe that??

Again, I just shake my head in disbelief at the level of criticism Weber gets on this board.

I will agree he isn't the favorite for the Norris at this point, but he has been damn good all season, and GREAT the past month.....

He was good ... not damn good ... in October through December. He picked up his game after Christmas. All of his early numbers were on the PP. Two ES goals in the first three months, one an empty netter .... less effective in three months than he was tonight alone. When he plays like he has throughout January ... and highlighted tonight ... he's elite. When he plays as he did Oct-Dec, he's vastly overpaid and underperforming with no logical basis for inclusion in Norris discussion. Being a fan favorite and face of our franchise does not mean he performed as needed or hoped all season long nor was his early play worthy of league award talk.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Fair or not, Weber will get a bump from the Olympics if he has a big tournament. As bad as the Preds have been this year, it could be the year he finally wins it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad