GDT: Game 56: Preds vs. Devils | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | The Boys are back in Town!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I loved seeing Trotz jump in the air and cheer like a kid when Leggy tied it up. He very quickly got all serious again but still fun to see.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Fair or not, Weber will get a bump from the Olympics if he has a big tournament. As bad as the Preds have been this year, it could be the year he finally wins it.

I thinks so too and for his body of work and now that his pairing with Suter is over showing how much both of them are great defenseman.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Really, when you get right down to it, how in the heck DO we have the record we have right now??

If you had told me in October:

that we would lose Pekka for most of the season and juggle two minor league level goaltenders, our offense would continue to be near the bottom of the league, and our team defense/goals allowed would also be near the bottom of the league-

I would have guessed we would have a record like Edmonton or Buffalo.

I would love to see where we would be right now had Pekka not gone down- we would almost certainly be solidly in the playoffs right now.

If you really think about it we are out of playoffs positioning due goaltending and our shootout record. I give credit where credit is due But we have better short term memories. Every team goes through defensive mishaps and offensive slumps. But if our goaltending stood up we'd been in midst of Minn and Van and Phoenix right now even with our offensive problems. If our shootout record was better we'd be in the same position in the midst. If both were better we'd be right with Col and La for positioning. Rinne wasn't great in the shootout either so you have to take that into considerations. The offseason moves were hinder to this team instead of helping it. Cullen and Stalberg were mistakes. Hendricks and Nystrom were good additions but not at that crazy price. No solid backup goalie is now being a problem. Mason didn't do so well last season. So Poile is trying piece it back together for a playoff run. I've heard him say this still need tweaking ...I hope so..the law of averages ..through the season where your on a hot streak and you win so many and then you go on a loosing streaks and you loose so many but the Preds have never had a winning streak where you win 4 plus game in a row and they are due so with the break and future hopes where will be come deadline time?

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
If you really think about it we are out of playoffs positioning due goaltending and our shootout record. I give credit where credit is due But we have better short term memories. Every team goes through defensive mishaps and offensive slumps. But if our goaltending stood up we'd been in midst of Minn and Van and Phoenix right now even with our offensive problems. If our shootout record was better we'd be in the same position in the midst. If both were better we'd be right with Col and La for positioning. Rinne wasn't great in the shootout either so you have to take that into considerations. The offseason moves were hinder to this team instead of helping it. Cullen and Stalberg were mistakes. Hendricks and Nystrom were good additions but not at that crazy price. No solid backup goalie is now being a problem. Mason didn't do so well last season. So Poile is trying piece it back together for a playoff run. I've heard him say this still need tweaking ...I hope so..the law of averages ..through the season where your on a hot streak and you win so many and then you go on a loosing streaks and you loose so many but the Preds have never had a winning streak where you win 4 plus game in a row and they are due so with the break and future hopes where will be come deadline time?

i agree with some. I have to say though, Hutton has been a surprise. Yes, he still makes crappy mistakes that hurt, but he stands on his head sometimes. This game against NJ would not have been won had he not stoned Ryder on the breakaway attempt that subsequently turned us the other way after the face off for the game winner. Hutton isn't the best, but with his contract and what he's had to go through this year (backing rinne, moving aside when maz got hot, dubnyk being brought in) he's played pretty darn well.

and i'd have to say cullen and nystrom weren't the mistakes. otherwise, like what you had to say.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
i agree with some. I have to say though, Hutton has been a surprise. Yes, he still makes crappy mistakes that hurt, but he stands on his head sometimes. This game against NJ would not have been won had he not stoned Ryder on the breakaway attempt that subsequently turned us the other way after the face off for the game winner. Hutton isn't the best, but with his contract and what he's had to go through this year (backing rinne, moving aside when maz got hot, dubnyk being brought in) he's played pretty darn well.

and i'd have to say cullen and nystrom weren't the mistakes. otherwise, like what you had to say.

Nystrom is ok but overpaid like Hendrick who was way overpaid. Cullen and Stalberg I think are because to get someone significant we are going to have over pay. The grinders want to come here and the two way players will come here but the offensive players not so much unless overpaid at this point. Poile is alway looking for salvation army type deals and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. So it always seems like there is the perception that their money is tight. You get 4 for the price of 1 and increase your odds. Paying for high prices could be like Semin in Carolina..So far it's not looking great. Risky but you either develop a top notch scorer are you pay for one. We do better paying or trading for them for them. Kariya and Sully and Arnott and Dumont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad