GDT: Game 56: Islanders @ Sabres - 2/12 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
HAHAHHAHA...he's a little better than Jack Johnson, but yes, not far off. I truly think we can do better by getting a more defensively sound player, even sacrificing 20 or so of Risto's points.

His points will drastically be cut when his ice time goes down like the people defending him want. Which is the irony of the situation. He puts up the majority of his points right now through sheer playing time and because he's not completely inept offensively like Scandella. When Dahlin is a 70 point defensemen and Risto is playing 18 minutes a night then he's going to be fighting for scraps. If Risto actually played the role and minutes the people defending him want him to, he's probably a 35 point defensemen who still gets torched defensively.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'm sure he does, but just how much value is the big question?
Top 4 almost top pair value is what im saying. I think to many people he's got the value of the player he's "supposed" to be.

I think its moot anyway. You ask our management and they probably want more ristos

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Top 4 almost top pair value is what im saying. I think to many people he's got the value of the player he's "supposed" to be.

I think its moot anyway. You ask our management and they probably want more ristos
Then we have a bigger problem on our hands, don't we?

Reactions: jc17

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
On that last goal, the puck jumped on Risto, but what the heck is Scandella doing? The goalscorer was his guy.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I saw him try to make a little move with the puck, and was pressured into a giveaway. What did you see?
Just saw it again. Puck was not flat. He went to switch from forehand to backhand and the puck literally hopped right over his stick as he did that.

I have a video, I'll try to gif it.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Just saw it again. Puck was not flat. He went to switch from forehand to backhand and the puck literally hopped right over his stick as he did that.

Why would you ever try to go back with the puck when it's bouncing like that. The puck is on end, he could have fired it into the man tied up with Eichel. And don't say he didn't want to potentially put it out of play, he doesn't think that fast.

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

The puck 100% hopped. But as mentioned it was on edge and already rolling. Chip it up and out instead of trying to cut back and re group.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
GIF of the puck hopping over Risto's stick.

ezgif-5-16a9bd6dac28.gif

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
should Dahlin use a heavier stick? its seems like so many times his stick looks like a twig and he mis-hits the puck with not much on it, would more weight help that?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Yeah, Risto could have tried to chip it out when the board was jammed. But he did have control and it was a bad bounce. It sucks and it looks bad because he makes shit decisions. He has lots of reasons to be dumped on. Bad bounces that happen to everyone is not one.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was just about to say Eichel's been brutal this shift, and then he totally redeems himself!

Reactions: Kyndig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad