GDT: Game 56: Islanders @ Sabres - 2/12 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Scandella-Ristolainen had trouble exiting cleanly on more than just the GA shift. If it isn't one of them, it's the other handling live ordnance. And they do no favors for each other with the lack of touch they have on the puck, Scandella in particular when going d-to-d.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Yeah I'm very ready to move Risto...he's our Phaneuf. Get some value out of him.

Phaneuf actually landed those open ice hits Risto attempts twice a game. And believe it or not Phaneuf actually dropped the gloves once in a while instead of hiding behind refs.

He's even worse... he's Jack Johnson with money.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
He was pressured.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt but he's been one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the league every season of his career.

Yet he wasn’t “clowned” as you suggested, and he’s had stretches where he’s played quite well.

But that play was pretty pathetic.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Stupid d-zone play from Scandella-Ristolainen. Again.
"SoMEonE hAs To PlAY tHe HaRD MinUteS"

But why does that particular combo do it exponentially worse than literally everyone else who plays those same minutes when they aren't together, Phil? Including combos that INCLUDE Ristolainen??

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Phaneuf actually landed those open ice hits Risto attempts twice a game. And believe it or not Phaneuf actually dropped the gloves once in a while instead of hiding behind refs.

He's even worse... he's Jack Johnson with money.
HAHAHHAHA...he's a little better than Jack Johnson, but yes, not far off. I truly think we can do better by getting a more defensively sound player, even sacrificing 20 or so of Risto's points.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
"SoMEonE hAs To PlAY tHe HaRD MinUteS"

But why does that particular combo do it exponentially worse than literally everyone else who plays those same minutes when they aren't together, Phil? Including combos that INCLUDE Ristolainen??
Our coach is such a conservative idiot. We literally will win 1 of 3 games with that as our shutdown pairing ... book it.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Am I seeing things? Did no one else see the puck randomly jumped off the ice when Risto went to stick handle it? Did I miss something?
I'd like to see another replay. I didn't really see a turnover but I see why he's not getting the benefit of the doubt

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
We really gotta build the defense around Dahlin and Pilut on the top two pairs. There's your top two PP QB's as well.

I'd love if we could flip Risto for Trouba or Lindholm.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I grabbed like 20 of the programs so just get another goddamned goal so I can use the Tims coupons for free coffee while waiting until 3 for my bus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad