GDT: Game 56: Islanders @ Sabres - 2/12 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
cut.jpg

Game Preview: 2/12/19 vs. New York Islanders

LAST GAME
Sunday, February 10
Winnipeg 3 at Buffalo 1
Goal: Eichel
Goalie: Hutton (26 saves/28 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/5; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 36 – Winnipeg 29

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 183)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Casey Nelson (upper body, Dec. 8; injured reserve) – 25 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Feb. 10) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/8: Assigned Casey Nelson to Rochester (AHL) on a conditioning loan

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Feb. 15: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 17: Buffalo at New Jersey, 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 19: Buffalo at Florida, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 21: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 23: Washington at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME
ISLANDERS at SABRES

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
  • Last meeting: New York defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Buffalo on Dec. 31, 2018
  • Next meeting: Saturday, March 30 in New York
  • The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 4-5-1 at home.
  • This is the 170th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has a 81-64-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 45-28-12 at home against the Islanders all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
  • The Sabres are 5-9-6 all-time on February 12.
  • February 12, 1983: Craig Ramsay (broken foot) sees his consecutive games played streak end at 776 games, missing his first game in nearly 10 years.
  • February 12, 2008: Thomas Vanek scores his first career hat trick, leading the Sabres to a 5-1 win at Ottawa.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
  • Tonight’s matchup is the sixth game of a seven-game homestand that ties the stretch from Jan. 20 to Feb. 2, 1997 as the longest in franchise history.
  • Kyle Okposo has tallied a point in each of his last three games against his former club (2+1).
  • With at least a point in each of is last five games (2+4), Jack Eichel is looking to extend his point streak to six games for the third time this season.
  • Buffalo’s penalty kill is 10-for-11 (90.9 percent) in the team’s last five games against the Islanders.
  • Evan Rodrigues has totaled eight points (6+2) in his last 10 games.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen has tallied nine assists in his last 10 contests.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I was able to get the bus up only to be informed my return trip at 2:30am after the game was cancelled because of the weather. I booked Greyhound at significant expense and have no idea if that will get canceled so I could be stranded in a bus terminal for quite awhile. Am I asking for too much to win tonight? *sees Housley sing the praises of Suckbotka*... Yes, yes I am.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just FYI, probably going to take a break from making the GDT's the rest of the season. Mornings are getting a little too hectic. If anyone out there wanted to take the reigns... ;)

Reactions: Mit Yarrum

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This is game 6 of the 7 game home stand. Sabres are 2 - 3 at this point. My best case projection was that they would end up 4 - 3. Losses to Chicago and Carolina were big setbacks to that optimism.

So this one is really important for them to seriously contend for the EC playoff wild card. Gotta have a win tonight. And beat the Rangers on Friday.

Unfortunately, it appears the Rangers are playing better of late.

To be on the losing end of this home stand likely means we become sellers as opposed to buyers in the run up to the trade deadline.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I’ll be going to this freak show tonight.
I’m hoping for the opposite of a 4-2 loss. I’m 6-4 this season when attending.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I can't wait to see Phil do something incredibly stupid like make sure Sobotka is always on the ice with Barzal.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
To think around Thanksgiving we were all so pumped about this team. Now only a couple months later, and it feels like the last 6 years again. This team is just so uninteresting and predictable. Hope for a win, but expecting a loss.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
I expect a multipoint game from Jack and a win for the Sabres.

Why not Erod or Girgs on the top line instead of Pommer.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I really haven't minded Hunwick in the last couple for the most part, its not like he's Tennyson.

Tage-Sobotka-Poms should be the 4th line getting 9 minutes if Smith isnt going to play, let ERod ride with Jack for once while he's on this hot spell and give Larry line more minutes fcs

Reactions: slip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad