GDT: Game 56: Coyotes @ Golden Knights - 8PM - FSAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why trade Panik at this point? Consider this a "self rental". We're certainly not in the running to get a significantly better player than Panic (unfortunately).
I guess it will depends if Chayka thinks he is part of the future and can sign him after this year. With Grabner, Richardson and DVO coming off the injury list there should be more than enough to cover for Panik. A player like Panik will not be the determining factor if we get to the playoffs or not. I do like Panik though.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I guess it will depends if Chayka thinks he is part of the future and can sign him after this year.

It will all depend on Panik's ask. I've seen suggestions in the thread of resigning him to less than he's making now, which - if it were anywhere in the realm of possibility - I'd be fine with. But Panik's agent is going to want at least a million-dollar raise in a new contract, and I don't think Panik's worth that - particularly if he asks for a multi-year deal.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Panik on this team next year, especially if he's in the top six is another failure for Chayka/Tocc imo. We more talented players that give a better effort consistently.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Panik on this team next year, especially if he's in the top six is another failure for Chayka/Tocc imo. We more talented players that give a better effort consistently.
If Chayka gets a feeling he can sign Panik he won't be traded. Panik is a good player, but like so many on this team is playing above his pay grade. Over the last four years Panik is a .50 PPG player, can skate, shoot, good in the corners etc. He is a perfect top 9 player and sometimes top 6. I would welcome him back but it will depend on the ask.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It will all depend on Panik's ask. I've seen suggestions in the thread of resigning him to less than he's making now, which - if it were anywhere in the realm of possibility - I'd be fine with. But Panik's agent is going to want at least a million-dollar raise in a new contract, and I don't think Panik's worth that - particularly if he asks for a multi-year deal.
Panik is pretty consistent year over year but he a journeymen with limited upside. 2 years at 2-3 mill is probably his worth. He will get more than 1 offer, so does he want to play here? Given our lack of forwards, he will get better minutes here than elsewhere. I think we resign him at market rates, we won't have to overpay.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Sadly, Fischer is disappointing most nights.

He will never score again, and certainly not score another hat-trick.;)
Fischer is still young an his all around game is better than Perlini or Duke as examples. He might pan out better and production could still pick up. He is just a young player finding his way.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Panik is pretty consistent year over year but he a journeymen with limited upside. 2 years at 2-3 mill is probably his worth.

If we can resign him at that contract, by all means I hope Chayka does it. But at Panik's age, I'm guessing the ask is going to be $3.5M at a starting level for at least 4 years. To me, a trade asset is more valuable than that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If we can resign him at that contract, by all means I hope Chayka does it. But at Panik's age, I'm guessing the ask is going to be $3.5M at a starting level for at least 4 years. To me, a trade asset is more valuable than that.
Would trade 10/10 times if those are actual numbers, and I'm on the "Keep Panic" bandwagon.
Hard to imagine we wouldn't have a good shot in July when reality kicks in if that were the case.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sadly, Fischer is disappointing most nights.

He will never score again, and certainly not score another hat-trick.;)

Still only 21 (turns 22 in April) and only on his second season. I feel like his role has been different this year, mostly a playing shutdown with Stepan since our roster is so banged up. Would love to see a big step up production wise the remainder of the season.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't see any team giving him 4 years of term an I don't think market for him is $3.5 mill. I think most GM's view Panik as a third line winger without much upside. He is pretty easy to replace so why over pay or give him term?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't see any team giving him 4 years of term an I don't think market for him is $3.5 mill. I think most GM's view Panik as a third line winger without much upside. He is pretty easy to replace so why over pay or give him term?

Exactly my point. So I'm not sure why it's so important to keep him around, because there's nothing that indicates to me that he's Super Chemistry Guy in the room, and if we can get an asset that helps this team beyond next season, so much the better.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Exactly my point. So I'm not sure why it's so important to keep him around, because there's nothing that indicates to me that he's Super Chemistry Guy in the room, and if we can get an asset that helps this team beyond next season, so much the better.
Trading Panik could hurt as we need assets that help us get to the playoffs this year. If they can trade Panik for that, I'm in. Panik for picks or an AHL player doesn't help us this year and has a 5% chance of helping us ever.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Trading Panik could hurt as we need assets that help us get to the playoffs this year. If they can trade Panik for that, I'm in. Panik for picks or an AHL player doesn't help us this year and has a 5% chance of helping us ever.
Panik will not be the reason we make the playoffs. IF Chayka thinks we can sign him, then don't trade him, but if he is going to play hardball like Richardson last year, trade his a-- yesterday.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Panik will not be the reason we make the playoffs. IF Chayka thinks we can sign him, then don't trade him, but if he is going to play hardball like Richardson last year, trade his a-- yesterday.
Neither will any one player, so what? If Chayka thinks Panik can help us get into the playoffs, he should keep him. Worry about signing him in the summer, just like Richardson.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Panik will not be the reason we make the playoffs.

That's pretty much true of any player other than the goalie in most cases, but I think it still sells Panik short a bit.

As annoying as Panik is he's our most effective even strength forward in terms of primary points (goals + first assists). Well he's technically second but with a lot more games to....Conor Garland :laugh:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I hope Panik goes with 3 hat tricks before the deadline and we extract a 1st rounder out of him. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he has/he is doing for us. But our future - even next year- should not be based with him as a key component.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad