GDT: Game 56: Canucks @ Avs | Tuesday, February 9th, 7pm MT | Ready to Riot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

This whole deciding later thing is becoming painful. So what they're saying is, they are going to wait and see if we lose another game before deciding on a call up.

We can't make the right decision unless we're losing apparently. Maybe when we were getting our ***** handed to us and still winning games, having made changes would have stopped us from losing a bunch of games? Interesting idea...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

This whole deciding later thing is becoming painful. So what they're saying is, they are going to wait and see if we lose another game before deciding on a call up.

We can't make the right decision unless we're losing apparently. Maybe when we were getting our ***** handed to us and still winning games, having made changes would have stopped us from losing a bunch of games? Interesting idea...

Overreaction much?

We don't know what Joe or Patty's definition/timeframe of "later" is. And is it possible that recalling someone at this exact time, doesn't mean they'll make it in time for the game (SA is still in Charlotte), or if they just made it in before gametime, they may not play.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Overreaction much?

We don't know what Joe or Patty's definition/timeframe of "later" is. And is it possible that recalling someone at this exact time, doesn't mean they'll make it in time for the game (SA is still in Charlotte), or if they just made it in before gametime, they may not play.

How many days off did we have before this game, three? What did management take a late weekend before coming back and being able to decide what to do? Not much else allows for the 'crunch time' excuse.

Just sick of the right move coming a ****ing week to two weeks late, and only after losses, it's not overreaction anymore IMO.

Edit : Reacting instead of being proactive is exactly how you end up expending a 2nd round pick on a rental bottom pairing defender to save the boat from sinking.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They aren't going to call someone up and not play him. There's no reason for someone to sit around. Might want to have someone extra for the trip though. But yeah, if they won't play Rantanen then I'm not buying any if this "get better for the playoff run" BS either.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
They aren't going to call someone up and not play him. There's no reason for someone to sit around. Might want to have someone extra for the trip though. But yeah, if they won't play Rantanen then I'm not buying any if this "get better for the playoff run" BS either.

I must be the only one who comes to these boards who doesn't mind them allowing him to play in the AHL for the rest of the year. Same with Zadorov.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I must be the only one who comes to these boards who doesn't mind them allowing him to play in the AHL for the rest of the year. Same with Zadorov.

That's fine if you pick that side. If you feel this is a development year and to let the core do what they can then I can understand it. If you want them to use whatever means they have to make an earnest playoff push then it's pretty dumb to use assets but keep the talent away. For me I think the AHL time has helped them but the time is now to get their help and to also figure out what they are capable of going into next year so we have as few uncertainties as possible.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Not when we're teetering on the line of making a playoff spot, and there is potential help there instead of poking holes in our draft stock.

I almost accused you of being a SA fan, but not an Avs fan. :sarcasm:

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Not when we're teetering on the line of making a playoff spot, and there is potential help there instead of poking holes in our draft stock.

I almost accused you of being a SA fan, but not an Avs fan. :sarcasm:

hahahaha. I see both sides. I agree we shouldn't be trading assets, I just wonder how good it would be on his development to come up with the pressure of trying to make it into the playoffs. I would almost rather see him finish this year strong, work hard during the off season and come in with a blank canvas for next year.Same with Zadorov.

I would love to see Colorado in the playoffs...but I don't think they're going to do much inside the playoffs with their current make up. I think they could make that step next year if they pick up another winger.

I guess I just don't see a lot of benefit rushing him along.

That's just me though. I see the other side like I said.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs have 12F for tonight and that is who they planned on playing. SA has a game tomorrow and from there they only play twice until the 19th... the Avs have 4 games over that period. I'd bet we see a callup somewhere between the 11th and 14th.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Avs have 12F for tonight and that is who they planned on playing. SA has a game tomorrow and from there they only play twice until the 19th... the Avs have 4 games over that period. I'd bet we see a callup somewhere between the 11th and 14th.

I could understand this, it causes SA a little less pain to wait until that stretch. Nice catch IMO

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

Call up Everberg and Rantanen, send down Marty

Rantanen - MacKinnon - Duchene
Landeskog - Soderberg - Comeau
Tanguay - Grigorenko - Everberg
McLeod - Mitchell - Iginla
Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad