[FIELDSET= GDT TUNES]

[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
First game against the Nucks this year? I dont remember playing them yet.

Anyway, this is a week where we need to bounce back with at least 3, and ideally 4 wins. Get things moving in the right direction again against teams we should be beating.

Gonna guess a 4-1 Win. Landy, Soda Pop, Duchene, Barrie with our goals, Horvat gets the lone Nucks goal.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Why isn't McCann playing? The main board didn't list him as injured.

Our coach is pretty stupid and insists on McCann having "gym days", as he's a pretty weak player.

Here are the lines from Monday's practice.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata
Burrows-Vey-Etem

The defence core should be something similar to the OP, maybe have Biega in for Sbisa or Bartkowski.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Thanks, I'll update it when I get a chance. So McCann only plays occasionally because of this?

He alternates scratched/playing every game, basically. When Henrik's injured he usually takes up the 1C spot until Henrik returns for some reason. If someone else is injured, then he's just placed on the 3rd/4th line, normally forcing him to play with dog ****.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Tanguay-Mitchell-Iginla

Also known as the please retire/get traded line.

As long as Malkin is on this team, Roy will use him in situations where he should never be used.

Marty is fine on the 4th line but he also needs to be taken away from Patty. He's the Holden of the forward group.

Hopefully we can see some more slick Soda plays, that guy's easily been our best and most consistent forward for awhile now.

And for the love of god, somebody needs to slap MacKinnon and tell him to stop doing the exact same thing everytime he gets the puck near the opponents blue line. He just skates full speed towards the net, then either loses the puck, shoots high and wide, or his shot gets semi impeded and he whiffs one at the net for an easy save. He needs to be more patient, use his great shot when he's not going full tilt, and pass the damn puck.

Unfortunately since we have no offensive system I doubt he'll fix that anytime soon. It took Duchene years to stop his silly spin-o-rama plays and to actually use his teammates.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think Mitchell's usage is fine, Cullen. He started on the 4th and he's just a guy who can play anywhere in a pinch. Roy likes to use him as a utility knife and he's not really a liability so whatever. Is he most effective on the 4th? Yes, but he'll do on the 3rd.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think Mitchell's usage is fine, Cullen. He started on the 4th and he's just a guy who can play anywhere in a pinch. Roy likes to use him as a utility knife and he's not really a liability so whatever. Is he most effective on the 4th? Yes, but he'll do on the 3rd.

IMO Malkin has been terrible for a while now. Still not worse than some of the other "vets" or new Roy toys (Martinsen) but he absolutely does not deserve the kind of icetime he is getting right now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

He played more minutes than any centre last game, and two games ago he was 2nd in minutes behind Soderberg. His usage is not fine. He needs to be below 14 minutes per game every single night. He's a great 4th liner, an ok 3rd liner but much more preferred as a 4th line centre. Right now Roy is treating him as a top-6 centre.

TV, I have to ask why you like Virtanen so much? Personally, and I don't mean this to sound demeaning in any way but he is one of the dumbest hockey players I've ever witnessed. Very, very low hockey IQ and I fully believe it's what will hold him back from being a great player in this league.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Tanguay-Mitchell-Iginla

Also known as the please retire/get traded line.

As long as Malkin is on this team, Roy will use him in situations where he should never be used.

Marty is fine on the 4th line but he also needs to be taken away from Patty. He's the Holden of the forward group.

Hopefully we can see some more slick Soda plays, that guy's easily been our best and most consistent forward for awhile now.

And for the love of god, somebody needs to slap MacKinnon and tell him to stop doing the exact same thing everytime he gets the puck near the opponents blue line. He just skates full speed towards the net, then either loses the puck, shoots high and wide, or his shot gets semi impeded and he whiffs one at the net for an easy save. He needs to be more patient, use his great shot when he's not going full tilt, and pass the damn puck.

Unfortunately since we have no offensive system I doubt he'll fix that anytime soon. It took Duchene years to stop his silly spin-o-rama plays and to actually use his teammates.
I honestly believe MacKinnon would be better served to sometimes just blast the puck into the corner and chase after it/forecheck...coz you are correct, he's as predictable as they come 90% of the time when he carries the puck into the zone. Dude needs some serious offensive creativity lessons from someone like Joe Sakic.

Last edited:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Our coach is pretty stupid and insists on McCann having "gym days", as he's a pretty weak player.

Here are the lines from Monday's practice.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Dorsett-Sutter-Vrbata
Burrows-Vey-Etem

The defence core should be something similar to the OP, maybe have Biega in for Sbisa or Bartkowski.

"Gym Day"?
lol wouldnt that be so awesome from your boss
"Hey why dont you take a gym day today and ill see ya tomorrow"

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Really need a win here. Minny and Nashville both have tough matchups. Time to get back out ahead.

Oh, and bring back Rantanen, bump Grigs back to the 3rd line, Mitchell to the 4th. Bring back Zadorov and bump Redmond out. Lets do it!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He played more minutes than any centre last game, and two games ago he was 2nd in minutes behind Soderberg. His usage is not fine. He needs to be below 14 minutes per game every single night. He's a great 4th liner, an ok 3rd liner but much more preferred as a 4th line centre. Right now Roy is treating him as a top-6 centre.

TV, I have to ask why you like Virtanen so much? Personally, and I don't mean this to sound demeaning in any way but he is one of the dumbest hockey players I've ever witnessed. Very, very low hockey IQ and I fully believe it's what will hold him back from being a great player in this league.

It's not like he's my favorite player in the league or anything, I'm partly keeping it up because I mentioned it so long ago. I love me some power forwards and I do like his game. It's too bad he and McCann can't go to the AHL. Who btw has 12 points. Hey it's great he's in the show but after hearing ehrmagherd he was picked 24th, we screwed up and look at him now for a year I was a bit shocked to see that AND that he's not regularly in the lineup. Anyway, Virtanen needs the development, which I'm sure he'll get next year after he's wasted this year away.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can we get Everberg back when Rantanen comes up too?

Seems like he's been playing pretty well lately. I wonder if he might even get called up first, being the more veteran guy.

Edit: scratch that second point I made. Forgot how long Dennis stayed up this year. Shows how visible he was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad