GDT: Game 56: Canadiens @ Coyotes - 2/15/16 - 7PM

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
How about Steve Downie for some team's 3rd stringer?

Considering that we waived him and no one wanted him, I doubt that would change now.

Depending how close Smith is, Treutle or Langhamer could fill in (I wouldn't trust Langhamer to start though). The good news is that we only have one set of back-to-back games in the next 11 (Smith should be back by then); the bad news is that the back to back is Capitals/Lightning. Since we'll probably lose both games, it doesn't matter which goalie is in net. The next back-to-back we'll have after that is Flames/Oilers which would be a good tome to switch smith in if he's healthy (if not, Langhamer could start against Edmonton).

I think we should call up Treutle so that Langhamer gets some more starts, but Springfield may not be too happy about that. I would be fine with bringing Langhamer as well since he'd probably only get one start (unless we pull a trade in the next week).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Maybe nobody wanted Downie at 1.75M. Different scenario if a team can take him while sending back Chad Johnson (1.6M), for example.

The tricky part is that Don Maloney already said that Louis Domingue is sticking in the NHL. He's earned that right. So we already have one extra goalie. What do when Smith returns and we have all of Smith, Domingue, Lindback, and Johnson (for example)? While also needing to find minutes for Treutle and Langhamer. Do we pay NHL money for Lindback and Johnson to both play in the AHL while sending the young goalies to a lesser league (ECHL)?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Maybe nobody wanted Downie at 1.75M. Different scenario if a team can take him while sending back Chad Johnson (1.6M), for example.

The tricky part is that Don Maloney already said that Louis Domingue is sticking in the NHL. He's earned that right. So we already have one extra goalie. What do when Smith returns and we have all of Smith, Domingue, Lindback, and Johnson (for example)? While also needing to find minutes for Treutle and Langhamer. Do we pay NHL money for Lindback and Johnson to both play in the AHL while sending the young goalies to a lesser league (ECHL)?
If DM is serious about a playoff push, you do it in a second. Paying Ochocinco to play in the AHL is no different than paying Downie to play there - it counts on the cap / it's already in the budget so whatever.

If DMs real intent is to stand pat / sell, bring up an AHL'er and give him a game or two.

The macro plan is still to waive Lindback when Smith is healthy, right? This injury doesn't change that.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Man, I love the Duke's scoring touch, but from now on I'm nicknaming him "Soap Bubble" ("Soapy" for short).

cobra427

May 6, 2012

If DM can unload Downey for Johnson, I think he does it. That would not change our payroll and give us a vet goalie. When Smith returns, we would be in the same place salary wise, and have to send Johnson to the AHL. I guess this decision depends on when Smith will be ready.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's interesting, I'm watching a direct feed for FSN AZ or something online and they are showing all the stuff going on with the production during the commercials. I've heard of getting the satellite feed like this but never seen it.

For the Richardson interview you could hear them talking a bit before the countdown of what showed on the broadcast. I could hear Jodi Jackson talking about that guy saying, "Because he was black" to someone. They are showing highlights of the period without commentary. It's a cool experience.

Back in satellite television's infancy (when we had the huge dishes) it was the norm and quite entertaining indeed.... sure beats commercials.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I can't believe I'm acually going to say this, but that was a really good pass by Chip. Glad to see Connauton pot one too. Still, I wish it never happened, because I hate Chipchura and hope he doesn't play in the NHL anymore.

Another fantastic play by Chipchura there to steal the puck and almost score on the wraparound.

This might honestly be the worst night of my life.

:laugh::laugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Chip has played well this year.

Chip has played like Chip this year. Works hard, has lots of speed, plays with a lot of heart, and doesn't seem to know what to do with the puck when it's near his stick.

Last night, his saucer pass to Connauton was astonishing. No other word for it. It boggled the mind. You start to wonder why, if he's capable of trickery on that level, why he can't muster it more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad