Pre-Game Talk: Game #56 2/9 7PM - Sharks at BRUINS - The Dawn of Butch Cassidy and the Zamboni Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The game will be played even though Boston is looking at 15 inches of snow as the Sharks and the NHL Officials are in Boston.

Cam Neely will be interviewed by Felger and Mazz at 4:20 PM Thursday on 98.5 WBZ-FM

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You know the old saying "a change is as good as a rest", well they have had a rest and a big change so they should blow the Sharks out of the water, right????

I don't know what to expect but hope they don't get embarrassed again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The game will be played even though Boston is looking at 15 inches of snow as the Sharks and the NHL Officials are in Boston.

Cam Neely will be interviewed by Felger and Mazz at 4:20 PM Thursday on 98.5 WBZ-FM

so he isn`t present for the Presser announcing the firing of the winningest coach in Bruins history but he`ll appear on that?

Crazy

I haven`t a clue what to expect, what I think I`ll see is a team who busts it`s arse hard for the "new" coach but come out on the short end, earning another moral victory that will accomplish nothing in the standings

Hope I`m proved wrong

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...yers-around/rwYXoTMCjtjZb2qFxnXpRL/story.html

For a Bruins forward under duress in the offensive zone, the safe play under Claude Julien would be to relieve pressure by dishing to a defenseman at the point.

On his second day on the job, new coach Bruce Cassidy wanted his forwards to change their thinking. Instead of using the automatic up to the point, Cassidy’s message to his down-low puck carriers was to trust their one-on-one skills, attack the net, and strike a balance between initiating offense and being responsible with the puck.

“It creates havoc around the front of the net,†Cassidy said. “Whether the goalie sees the puck or not, the defenseman has to defend. It draws penalties. It gets action at the net. There could be a rebound, a bounce that goes your way.

“What’s the worst that could happen? The puck gets blocked and maybe they go the other way? The same thing can happen on a low-to-high. So we’re trying to find that balance.â€

The Bruins land a league-high 34.5 shots on goal per game. They are the NHL’s best puck-possession team during five-on-five play. It has not translated to consistent goal scoring.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins better come out with guns blazing and smash the bearded ones.

They then Canucks on Saturday morning, and then of course against the Habs on Sunday back to back.

Good news is that the Habs play Saturday as well but at 4 p.m. then have to play in Boston at 4:30 the next day.

Who really knows what to expect any more, I sure don't, I just hope that the Bruins get up for the big games and don't s*** the bed like usual.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
On his second day on the job, new coach Bruce Cassidy wanted his forwards to change their thinking. Instead of using the automatic up to the point, Cassidy’s message to his down-low puck carriers was to trust their one-on-one skills, attack the net, and strike a balance between initiating offense and being responsible with the puck.

Finally, I hated the cycle cycle cycle back to the point miss the net crap.

If this is the new Bruins I already like it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Part of me wants them to win, because I like the Bruins when they win.

Part of me want them to lose, so they start making the right roster changes (which should lead to more winning later.)

How about you guys?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Just taking it game by game now . I will keep watching as long as we have a chance . I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised that Cassidy can at least bring a consistent effort out of the team .

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Part of me wants them to win, because I like the Bruins when they win.

Part of me want them to lose, so they start making the right roster changes (which should lead to more winning later.)

How about you guys?

I hear ya. I want a better draft position and losing games will help achieve that, but there is no way I can root for the team to lose once the puck is dropped. I really hope the boys come out and play very hard for Cassidy and can get a winning streak going.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Finally, I hated the cycle cycle cycle back to the point miss the net crap.

If this is the new Bruins I already like it.

I like it too. I am convinced this is a decent group of forwards certainly more talented than what we have on the backend . Let's play to our strengths a little more . The Bruins aren't built to win games 1-0 anymore .

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017

I really like this. I don't know how many times a pass has gone back to the D and it's either a) bad pass or b) bad read which causes a turnover and an odd man rush for the other team. It's not like we have anyone back there that can score.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

"What's the worst that can happen?" - every character about to get killed in a horror movie. That said, teams this year are surprisingly resilient after a coach has been fired...at least in the short term.

Speaking of which, those of you who are going - STAY SAFE! Don't go if the roads are bad...watch the game at home. There's 15 other games this season you can go to, and 41 next year. Your tickets could be much more costly than face value if you get into an accident.

Those who make it (and I hope it's mostly those who can travel via public transport, although even that may not be reliable), cheer LOUD...although I wouldn't mind a few "WE WANT CLODE!" chants in there.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
ill watch just bc I like hockey and the bruins players. I wouldnt mind if they changed the locks on the front office and locked Jacobs Neely and Sweeney out in the cold. Cant support them after that behaviour. #selltheteam

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Clode buys a ticket to the game right behind the bench.

Brings in a backpack.

Pulls out a 30 piece extra crispy bucket (you didn't realize they made a 30 piece bucket, did you?)

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
29312864.jpg

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

Someone said it above, but the 'what's the worst that can happen' line a bit worrisome. Yeah, giving up odd man rushes all night is a big problem. There was a reason why this team was coached as a possession and perimeter shot team, and it's because they don't have the talent to be anything else. Outside of Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta, this team doesn't have the horses to play fast and loose down low. They're not going to beat a lot of people 1 on 1. The D doesn't have the foot speed to be aggressive outside of Chiller and Krug.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Cannot not wish for the B's to lose, but like many, hate the way the Clode firing was handled. I'm not a fan of Butch and don't want him as the bench boss next year. That being said, a 12 game winning streak would be nice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad