GDT: Game #56 - 2.04.14 - at Phoenix - 8:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I've already sold my stock in Goligoski.

What this recent stretch says to me is that he's playing his value up and helping the team in the process. I don't think this is the "real" Goligoski, nor do I think the terribad guy we saw at the beginning of the season is the real Goligoski. He's just an incredibly unpredictable and inconsistent player. Realistically, the only way I'll ever be happy with him on the team is if we find enough defensemen to push him down to a 3rd pairing role. At least then anything he brings to the table is bonus rather than expectation.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He looked awful tonight

I thought that was Rome who didn't cover himself in glory. He was responsible for at least 2 Phoenix scoring chances in the 1st period alone. Bring back KC for San Jose.

The more I see the more impressed I am with Eakin's stick handling.

Nuke, be more selfish. Shoot the freaking puck.

I really wanted Chiasson to be sent down. He's lost out there.

Roussel might not ever score a prettier goal. Well done Frenchy.

I feel like the Stars are giving me pyrite and telling me it's gold but we'll see.

MetalGodAOD*

Trying not to get my hopes up again, but tonight was pretty huge. This teams has been playing pretty well since breaking out of their funk.

sgt schmidt

Feb 3, 2014
ft campbell, ky
Great game guys. Glad to see horcoff get on the board.
I know nuke is really young but sometimes i think he tries to hard when hes has the puck. If he could hit the brakes a bit until he could fine tune his skills hed be better off. But i have high hopes for the kid. Maybe malkin can teach him a thing or two lol

And howabout rousell?? Man that was a pretty goal!!

And is it just me or did benn look off tonight?

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Very happy about the win and the overall performance from the Stars last night. Can't believe we are now within 2 points of the last Wild Card spot.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I thought Nichushkin should've been much more selfish last night. Laying it off to Benn seems to be the wrong move about 6 out of every 10 times. Nuke has everything he needs to put that **** in the net. Just power past them like we all know you can and reap the sweet hugs.

I also think it's time to split Benn and Seguin up. Both of them are alpha players who need to control the ice when they're on. The cute passes and dangles can only get you so far, and with this team that's not very.

Play Seguin with Peverley and Nuke on the top line. Then have Benn play with Eakin and Roussel/Cole.

The top line is very inconsistent and I think a lot of it has to do with them forcing stuff way too much. The players who need to be more selfish (Seguin and Nuke) are laying it off to Jamie who usually wastes chances or gives it away. With a different line setup I think they can all start producing more than they currently are.

Maybe reunite them later after they all get going again.

Goose looked like **** again. Is this going to turn into a Romo situation where he has his group of apologists? Get him the **** out of Dallas.

Also the power play. Where do I even begin with that? Wtf is up with this coaching staffs line decisions? Atrocious.

MetalGodAOD*

Also the power play. Where do I even begin with that? Wtf is up with this coaching staffs line decisions? Atrocious.
You know we scored a PP goal in this game, and in the past 10 games have moved from 28th to 23rd in the league on the PP, right? Now seems a strange time to criticize it.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
You know we scored a PP goal in this game, and in the past 10 games have moved from 28th to 23rd in the league on the PP, right? Now seems a strange time to criticize it.

Well aware of that. It's the line combinations for the PP that just don't make any sense though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad