Post-Game Talk: Game 55 - McAVOY SCORES IN OT - BRUINS 2 Chicago 1 F /OT

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Ballsy win on the road by the boys in black and gold tonight. The only thing that I have to say is that I hope Sweeney can make a big deadline deal to add to this white hot Bruins team. Especially for a guy that has some size if possible. But other than that, this team is fantastic.

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Can’t believe we are in first right now, pretty cool seeing lauzon get a good look here, I think he’ll be a solid tough player. I’m really pulling for blidh to make a good impression, he seems like the perfect 4th liner to me. Energy, hitting, get under opposing players skins, he hasn’t looked lost out there. He is really good at playing on an edge and not racking up dumb or bad penalties. I loved his game in providence.

anyway pretty solid effort tonight for the guys.

Pizza and fries 4 lyfe....goodnight guys.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
14435026_180212449052873_2509807990810111806_o.jpg

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Charlie will have to make sure Jake is not on the ice for his next goal :laugh:

I got legit concerned McAvoy was hurt from this until he did the interview. Loved it, hated it, now I love it again.

What a bizarre final 10 of that game.

I like Lauzon a lot, won't be surprised if he's watching next game from upstairs. Nothing wrong with that

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
tired of the Bergeron v Toews comparisons. This says it all

It doesn't say anything. Toews is asked a simple question and gives a simple answer. He doesn't whine, doesn't rant, doesn't abuse anybody, simply says what the ref said to him. Now if that's a lie then obviously that's bad form, but in the absence of any evidence to the contrary I'm willing to take him at his word, since the ref clearly DID make a mistake. An understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless.

I have zero issue with Toews here. What would you have him do?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I got legit concerned McAvoy was hurt from this until he did the interview. Loved it, hated it, now I love it again.

What a bizarre final 10 of that game.

I like Lauzon a lot, won't be surprised if he's watching next game from upstairs. Nothing wrong with that

Why would Lauzon come out?He has played very good.One bad turnover tonite but really solid.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why would Lauzon come out?He has played very good.One bad turnover tonite but really solid.

You beat me to it. I thought he wasn't quite as good tonight as he has been, but he was in no way poor. Expecting any of these guys to have 100% error-free games is a tough bar to set. I'll take the occasional young d-man mistake from him along with the development over a meh John Moore any day.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
More than a few panic passes to the middle of the d-zone the past 2 games, rough penalty tonight. I'd be happy to see him out there, but with a set of back to back matinees and wanting to make sure Moore isn't completely ice cold if he is needed in an emergency situation, I think Lauzon will watch one, likely against Detroit.

That said, he compliments Grzelcyk extremely well, brass will have a tough decision when Clifton's healthy. IMO, I'd rather see Clifton return to lineup, Moore moved, Kampfer on Bruins for emergency situations and Lauzon back in AHL so he can get top pair minutes, but is immediate call-up for any injury.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I guess we can stop crying about bad calls going against now.

It doesn't say anything. Toews is asked a simple question and gives a simple answer. He doesn't whine, doesn't rant, doesn't abuse anybody, simply says what the ref said to him. Now if that's a lie then obviously that's bad form, but in the absence of any evidence to the contrary I'm willing to take him at his word, since the ref clearly DID make a mistake. An understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless.

I have zero issue with Toews here. What would you have him do?

How was it a bad call? How did the ref clearly make a mistake? It was a hand pass.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
How was it a bad call? How did the ref clearly make a mistake? It was a hand pass.

The puck touches Maatta's stick after he pushes it, and before it reaches Caggiula. So my understanding is it's not a hand pass to a teammate because the stick touch ends the hand pass and only then does it go on to the other player. But to my knowledge this isn't clearly defined in the rulebook, like a number of other things, so I'm not sure and I'm happy to be shown otherwise.

But it's really besides the point anyway. All that matters for the purposes of assessing Toews' response is whether or not he's telling the truth about what the ref told him. If he is, then I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hooray for Chuckie Bright Lights!! At last a goal, and on top of another fine game. Wonderful to see the whole team so happy for him, and Chara with that 'proud parent' look in his eyes. I'm not sure whether to love Jake's celebrations when teammates score or wish he'd stop them before he injures somebody!

The effort was there again in this one, but the cohesion wasn't quite at the standard it's been in the last couple. Passes not connecting, some of the shooting making things that bit easier for Lehner, who nonetheless was very good. But having to travel the 2nd half of a back-to-back is tough, and some fatigue is understandable. Good on the Bs for finding a way to win in the end. I hoped for 1 point from this contest, and got 2, so it's a fine result.

Krejci's missed opportunity late in the 1st though, is symptomatic of why the Bruins often find it so hard to score - when the pass from Krug is wayward and he can't one-time it, Krej can't just take it from his skates then shoot. By then the goalie has been able to move across. He has to fake and get Lehner to commit, and then shoot. The players had 2 out of 3 options there that will almost certainly net a goal, and they manage to opt or leave themselves with the only one that Lehner had any reasonable chance to make a save on. Little things like that result in missed opportunities and sometimes in lost points, and they happen to Boston too often. The team still needs some scoring help, so it's crunch time for Sweeney to deliver it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad