GDT: GAME 55 | Golden Knights @ Senators | Last Minute Edition | Sat Feb 24 7PM, 2024 | SN1, TVAS

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do us all a favor and watch the games instead of posting innacurate nonsense. When you do finally watch then come have a discussion. If not please don't post and hi Jack threads of people who are actually fans of this team.
Watched the condenced game on the NHL network… and read/listened to the accounts and analysis of the game in the newspapers and local radio.

My 2 cents worth is just as valid as anyone’s in this thread….oh and how is commenting on the Sens Knights game “Hijacking” the “GAME 55 | Golden Knights @ Senators | Last Minute Edition | Sat Feb 24 7PM, 2024 | SN1, TVAS” thread?

Am as much as a fan of the Sens as you or anyone…. So you don’t agree with my opinions… too bad, so sad.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Playoffs are a pipe dream, but it’s nice to see folks hitting the optimistic/copium hard. Dream big.

I at this point care less about playoffs or no - I’m resigned to another “next year is the focus” back half of the season. Again.

But more importantly: I’m really enjoying watching this team play. They care. They’re showing better habits, poise, and playing the right way. They’re enjoying themselves so it’s easy to root for them. And they’re never out of games, they keep trying to claw back no matter what. That’s different than a few months ago.

Sens are entertaining again. That’s enough for me until next season.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
A team without Eichel and Stone in their line up, yes still a top tier team, but with the Sens having their full roster, with no one on the injured list, the two missing Knights may have tipped the balance in their direction.

Their trade deadline stock are both rising in value…… just saying .

Errr...Zub is a key player that was absent against Vegas. Their improved play under Jacques Martin, along with the returns of Pinto/IR players, are things tipping results in favour of the Senators since mid January. That's a good stretch of good hockey in non-garbage time.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
ideally the Senators can keep both ….. If they choose to move Chabot, it’s best to do so before his M-NTC kicks in this July.

IF I had to choose, between the two, I would keep Chychrun IF he agreed to an extension.
Seems highly unlikely theyll keep Chychrun around. If the choice is between the 2, I go with Chabot every time.

Reactions: DrEasy

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Watched the condenced game on the NHL network… and read/listened to the accounts and analysis of the game in the newspapers and local radio.
Like the kid in English class that, instead of reading the assigned book, read two book reports on it, watched a 5 minute video, and won't shut up about how much more he 'knows' about the book than anyone who actually read it and did their own analysis.
We're seen as pathetic on the main boards
... Ya I don't think that's because of a single post.

Errr...Zub is a key player that was absent against Vegas. Their improved play under Jacques Martin, along with the returns of Pinto/IR players, are things tipping results in favour of the Senators since mid January. That's a good stretch of good hockey in non-garbage time.
Who knew that when you only watch the highlights, you miss 50 minutes of actual play per game.

CRAZY

My 2 cents worth is just as valid as anyone’s in this thread

That is some both sides shenanigan's. Watch the full game then your 2 cents will be valued at the same as the rest of us. Until then, 50 cents on the dollar if that.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The point is to not care what Leafs, Habs, Wings, and that one deranged Boston fan think.

Because they exist to just smear piss and shit around and make a big stinky mess, which the mods all seem very cool with.

Reactions: Relapsing

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Kind of annoying seeing sens fans pumping tires on the main boards because of a winning streak after we lost the season AGAIN.

Like, didn't we realize we sucked this year and the season was done in November/December. Haven't we realized this team always does better in the second half once the pressure is off?

It's been several years of this team winning games when they're well below 500 only to have them hit 500 and then lose a bunch of games because the pressure is on. Same thing this year, but everyone is falling for it AGAIN.

Why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves?

Just wait until they clinch a playoff spot and then go nuts.

It's like humility and humbleness are non existent.
You can’t see someone’s age on the forum. Lots of 13 year olds out there.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Congratulations, you’re the tenth person to mention this, AFTER I acknowledged the oversight when it was first pointed out .

Seems highly unlikely theyll keep Chychrun around. If the choice is between the 2, I go with Chabot every time.

why is it unlikely ?

Reactions: armani

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Insane how much better the team is with Pinto in there. Just absolutely night and day.

That....and, of course, NHL caliber coaching.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If I need to say it, then I might as well not. It appears to be obvious to everyone.
Congratulations, you’re the tenth person to mention this, AFTER I acknowledged the oversight when it was first pointed out .

why is it unlikely ?

Tnuoc your posts some times remind me of Abe Simpson:

1709059519960.png

Not sure you always clarify (or have clarification on) what you are arguing about. Condensed games don't do real games justice as you know, so when you have the opportunity to watch the team regularly (full-games), it may re-kindle whatever appreciation you have for the team playing on ice. It was downright morose being a Sens fan in the last 7 years.

You will also be better equipped to argue about topics that everyone's discussing.

From your (HF)neighbourhood friend.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
You guys are celebrating another late season useless win streak not me

Kinda tired of tanking for a better pick, been there, done that, and it will be very organic again this season. After the TDL, we will be auditioning a few Belleville players for next season.

Watching the team transform bit by bit and the associated results are encouraging. Love being a winning fan, hope the trend continues to begin next season and really go for a post-season spot. A miracle is needed on goaltending for this team to make regular runs, besides off-season defensive minded RD addition(s).

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tnuoc your posts some times remind me of Abe Simpson:

View attachment 826047

Not sure you always clarify (or have clarification on) what you are arguing about. Condensed games don't do real games justice as you know, so when you have the opportunity to watch the team regularly (full-games), it may re-kindle whatever appreciation you have for the team playing on ice. It was downright morose being a Sens fan in the last 7 years.

You will also be better equipped to argue about topics that everyone's discussing.

From your (HF)neighbourhood friend.

I don’t come here to argue, I leave that to others…. I form an opinion and sometime share it…. If anyone assumes I’m engaged in an argument, that’s their mistake.

I watch some games, others I flip in an out or watch the condensed games and also read the columnists who cover the Sens, listen to a couple of Sens podcasts and TSN 1200.

Again, I’m not here to argue what happened in one particular game…. What’s the point?

I’ll return to watching all games, start to finish next season as I’ve done for many years…. But when they fall out of playoff contention… well there’s no point to continue, and I’ll reduce my viewing of full games….I still follow, but I have many more other things to dedicate my time to…. Following every second of every game of a team that is not going to make the playoffs, is a waste of time, when can keep up in other ways….

Reactions: armani

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad