Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - The B's SMASH Nashville - BRUINS 5 Nashville 0

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
McAvoy has cut down on his big hits this year. I wonder if he's a little gun shy after the shoulder surgery.
i think so, because he used to rock people.
cliffy is different though, because he isnt built like a mcavoy or looch, but he still hits the shit out of players.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tumblr_l_1751245278391117.jpg

I love her boots!

I love the mom and dad trips but the sibling one I think is the most fun. More please!!

Also, the Bruins are the coolest team in the league on and off the ice and there is no close second. No cookies for anyone who says otherwise.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
View attachment 651853

I love her boots!

I love the mom and dad trips but the sibling one I think is the most fun. More please!!

Also, the Bruins are the coolest team in the league on and off the ice and there is no close second. No cookies for anyone who says otherwise.
Love the boots and the smiles. Hampus needs his own hat.

I read an article awhile back and Malin moved to Anaheim and worked for the Ducks for a little bit. Not sure if she moved back home but I thought that was really great that he had family with him his first few years in the league.

Can the siblings join for the playoffs?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
dont know whete to put this. but have a question on gambling.
ive never done it but im gonna start in playoffs.
hows it work?
i would be betting against the bruins.
only for the fact that i wont be so upset when they lose.lol.
so if i put like 50 bucks on them to lose in round 1 about how much would i win??

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It was, but it also led to a quality scoring chance for a guy that ranks #2 among all NHL d-men in goals over the last 3 seasons. Thankfully we have the best goaltending tandem in the league.

What are Clifton's options here - he's got two players both coming at him. Both defenders, but both very capable with the puck. He can either look to a) play the puck and try and poke it loose on the forecheck, b) he can keep backing up and defending the zone, or c) he can look to pinch and hit the puck-carrier.

If he goes for A then if he gets it right he can stop the rush entirely and possibly force the puck offside, but he also runs the risk of getting beaten and giving the Preds a 2 on 1. If he goes for B then he's going the conservative route and keeping his options open, but he's also conceding zone time and allowing Nashville to dictate this particular play. If he chooses C then he at least eliminates McDonagh and even if Josi comes through and collects, as he did, the best option he's got is a pretty bad angle shot that Swayman should be saving 9 times out of 10. And in the process he gives his team a little morale boost and perhaps gets McDonagh thinking twice the next time he's trying to attack the Bruins' D.

Everything is risk/reward and in the context of the game, where the Bruins were 2-0 up and looking to really assert their dominance against their opponent, I have zero issue with Cliffy electing to hit, and hit hard, and I reckon Monty wouldn't either. Yes it gave up a middling scoring chance, but because Connor really put his body through the check it sent a message and as such I'd say it was worth it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What are Clifton's options here - he's got two players both coming at him. Both defenders, but both very capable with the puck. He can either look to a) play the puck and try and poke it loose on the forecheck, b) he can keep backing up and defending the zone, or c) he can look to pinch and hit the puck-carrier.

If he goes for A then if he gets it right he can stop the rush entirely and possibly force the puck offside, but he also runs the risk of getting beaten and giving the Preds a 2 on 1. If he goes for B then he's going the conservative route and keeping his options open, but he's also conceding zone time and allowing Nashville to dictate this particular play. If he chooses C then he at least eliminates McDonagh and even if Josi comes through and collects, as he did, the best option he's got is a pretty bad angle shot that Swayman should be saving 9 times out of 10. And in the process he gives his team a little morale boost and perhaps gets McDonagh thinking twice the next time he's trying to attack the Bruins' D.

Everything is risk/reward and in the context of the game, where the Bruins were 2-0 up and looking to really assert their dominance against their opponent, I have zero issue with Cliffy electing to hit, and hit hard, and I reckon Monty wouldn't either. Yes it gave up a middling scoring chance, but because Connor really put his body through the check it sent a message and as such I'd say it was worth it.

Hardly a bad angle shot, but hey people love "Cliffy hockey" and even if it led to a goal I'm sure cliffy's fan club would just blame Swayman.

Lets agree to disagree and move on

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Also Clifton may have thought Krejci was going to help on Josi so he committed
to the hit. Problem was Krejci I believe was off the bench to late for that.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad