Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - The B's SMASH Nashville - BRUINS 5 Nashville 0

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Good effort from the B's tonight

Players who really stuck out for me tonight were Marchand, Foligno, Bergy, Lauko, Lindholm, Smith and Swayman.......with honorable mention to Freddy, Clifton, Greer, Forbort and Gryz

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Big time win. Fun win. Swayday is en fuego! Keep the siblings for all road games!

Keep this rolling boys!

You know the drill!
giphy.gif

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
You know the team is clicking when they score 5 goals on 30 shots, and their goalie actually played fairly well.

With the numbers Ullmark has put up, he's the #1 goalie. But since Swayman's brief mini-slump, the tandem is really 1A and 1B. I would trust either against any team; the backup doesn't just spell the starter against weaker opponents.

Likewise, with Lindholm and McAvoy, the defense has more of a 1A and 1B; and who is 1A can change game to game. The Lindholm trade and contract are huge wins for Sweeney.

What incredible depth.

The returns of DeBrusk and Nosek will only bolster the roster. Greer plays every night like his life depends on it. And Smith doesn't belong on the top line, but his willingness to crash and bang in the corners is valuable.

The siblings were awesome. Because they are young, their enthusiasm and love for their brothers was awesome.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Randoms:

Lindholm was dominant. He's as good a defender as any in the league when he's playing his best.

Offensively it was an even performance. No single line was outstanding, but all 4 were solid and contributed. Nashville was pretty soft defensively, but credit still to the Bs for a good team effort and for attacking the net frequently.

Very charitable of Lauzon to still be scoring goals for the Bruins. He didn't have a happy night, poor kid.

Swayman looked super-relaxed tonight. Calm and confident, just enjoying his hockey. That's when he's at his best. Thought he had a touch of Rask about him in this one - great positioning and puck tracking meant limited late movement and less need to be reactionary. A well-deserved shutout.

Great to finally get a PP goal through some very clever play by Lindy and Bergy, but the play when setup in the zone still feels too slow and predictable. You can see the extra intent to shoot, and that's good, but there's still work to do there before they're really opening up some good shooting lanes and looks again.

Every now and then Foligno does something that winds back the clock and reminds you just what a good player he was in his prime. That was a filthy pass.

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Amongst many great things this game, I thought we seen another sign of the continued development of Trent Frederic.

He's developing an increasing good eye for the subtle art of goal scoring, he joined the rush multiple times and timed it perfectly so that he woud receive the puck in the ideal position for a shot on goal - could have had another one tonight easily.

I thought Carlo was a collosus against a weak and disinterested Nashville, i'm also seeing signs of some offensive play being unlocked by him - having the odd shot and looking for assist-type passes.

This team isn't in it's final form yet. Scary stuff.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I saw the first two periods and wow, that was impressive. My Dad's funeral was yesterday so I needed something to cheer me up, it did, and I actually had the best sleep I've had in weeks. I didn't even check the final score through the night. Thank you Bruins.

Please have more siblings trips....lol No one wants to lose in front of them.

Swayman with the shutout is a massive boost of confidence, so glad he got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad