Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - The B's SMASH Nashville - BRUINS 5 Nashville 0

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It was, but it also led to a quality scoring chance for a guy that ranks #2 among all NHL d-men in goals over the last 3 seasons. Thankfully we have the best goaltending tandem in the league.
yeah lets not bundle the guy who set it up on a tee.
beauty hit.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
dont know whete to put this. but have a question on gambling.
ive never done it but im gonna start in playoffs.
hows it work?
i would be betting against the bruins.
only for the fact that i wont be so upset when they lose.lol.
so if i put like 50 bucks on them to lose in round 1 about how much would i win??
Nothing, because the B's won't lose in round 1

..but if they somehow did lose, it would depend on who they play and what the odds are

Reactions: JOKER 192

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
hows it work?
so if i put like 50 bucks on them to lose in round 1 about how much would i win??

That will depend on the line that Vegas gives for the series.

They're incredibly likely to be overwhelming favorites in round 1 since they'd get someone like Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Florida, Washington, etc. who have flaws. Exact payout ratio is TBD, probably something like bet $50 to get back $125 or something like that.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
hows it work?
This doesn't answer your question at all but it's already been answered.

I personally never (can't say I HAVENT, but..) bet on the teams I root for anymore because it kinda kills the game imo. When I rarely bet I look the lines on draftkings and pick a game/team that looks ripe and always look for trap games.

Real quick edit. I don't bet on the games of which the teams I root for are playing in.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Hardly a bad angle shot, but hey people love "Cliffy hockey" and even if it led to a goal I'm sure cliffy's fan club would just blame Swayman.

Lets agree to disagree and move on

I happen to occasionally shoot the shit with a member of Clifton's extended family and of course I always bring up the B's....... take it with a grain of salt because "telephone game" and all that but... I was told Cliffy kinda got the nod and was told "Play your game" by those in charge as of late. I took that as meaning he was given the green light to be much more aggressive / risky than in previous years. Risk.....reward.....and all that. It could be all bs though because I have yet to get my free tickets to a game through this person.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I happen to occasionally shoot the shit with a member of Clifton's extended family and of course I always bring up the B's....... take it with a grain of salt because "telephone game" and all that but... I was told Cliffy kinda got the nod and was told "Play your game" by those in charge as of late. I took that as meaning he was given the green light to be much more aggressive / risky than in previous years. Risk.....reward.....and all that. It could be all bs though because I have yet to get my free tickets to a game through this person.

I mean that's fine if that's what he was told. Still doesn't change that while it was a great hit, that it led to a quality scoring chance by one of the NHL top goal scoring d-men.

Not sure why people are so defensive about the comment. It's not like I'm saying the guys a bum and needs to be traded

:dunno:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can someone explain how in the hell someone sneaks in a large catfish, and gets it through security?
137818670.0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Number6 and KWbruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I mean that's fine if that's what he was told. Still doesn't change that while it was a great hit, that it led to a quality scoring chance by one of the NHL top goal scoring d-men.

Not sure why people are so defensive about the comment. It's not like I'm saying the guys a bum and needs to be traded

:dunno:

Because the comment implies that it was the wrong play. It also rather strawmans the people who approved the hit as just enjoying it because it's violence for its own sake regardless of the consequences, or it's just 'good ol' Cliffy hockey'. And that's what I disagree with. I think a good case can be made that it was the right play, even though it ended up with a shot on goal against. It makes zero difference to me that it was Clifton - could have been any defender and I'd support it.

We disagree on that and that's fine, but don't mischaracterise the argument.

Reactions: Wirelessbits

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Because the comment implies that it was the wrong play. It also rather strawmans the people who approved the hit as just enjoying it because it's violence for its own sake regardless of the consequences, or it's just 'good ol' Cliffy hockey'. And that's what I disagree with. I think a good case can be made that it was the right play, even though it ended up with a shot on goal against. It makes zero difference to me that it was Clifton - could have been any defender and I'd support it.

We disagree on that and that's fine, but don't mischaracterise the argument.

I dont think my comment did and I don't think I mischaracterize it, but to each their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad