Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - The Bruins fall to second place - Kraken 4 BRUINS 1

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Regardless of what they say, they WANTED the record as soon as they saw it was possible. They thought they could get the record AND then win in the playoffs as well and go down as the greatest team in the history of hockey.
I feel you're 100% correct, but I'm worried that it might have done some damage in the long run. The Lindholm ever since that injury isn't anywhere close to the Lindholm pre injury.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Yea thats fine but I don't want to be hearing how great those Panthers were because they never won no Cup either.
I am not saying how good the Panthers were but how the Bruins lack of physicality to compete was evident. You have to be equipped for playoff wars.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I am not saying how good the Panthers were but how the Bruins lack of physicality to compete was evident. You have to be equipped for playoff wars.
To me it just seemed like the Bruins didn't have that extra gear. I feel like they thought their regular season play would just carry over and they would coast.

Reactions: Grimey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They shouid have left Bergeron and Krecji the fk out they fell apart soon as they came back jk jk lol .Anyways 1 goal decided that series

Reactions: bbfan419

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I`ve seen enough of Richard, not that he`s the problem, rather see Lauko in there or call up that Farinacci kid or Lysell , this team needs a bit of a wake up.

Reading about Carlo joking about his gaffe

How about a guy talking about how pissed he is this happened. I know this is just a game and a long season but to me, outside of Marchand, wondering out loud if anyone on this team hates losing?
He may be trying to laugh it off now, but he looked like he was almost crying in the bench right after it happened. He looked like he felt humiliated and was upset it cost his team a goal.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Jake, Zacha, Pasta line looked damn good last night. They didn't score but had plenty of chances.

I hope Monty sticks with them. We need to get going.

Reactions: bbfan419

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I look at it as the Bruins had a chance to close out the series but didn't , playoff hockey is a lot about momentum. The Bruins let the Panthers back into the series regardless of the "softness" factor.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Regardless of what they say, they WANTED the record as soon as they saw it was possible. They thought they could get the record AND then win in the playoffs as well and go down as the greatest team in the history of hockey.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is true. They chased that record hard. The coach should have been the one to put a stop to it, but he was just as much caught up in it as anybody. What we then got was hubris and unnecessarily tired bodies, and it bit them badly in the playoffs. From the sublime to the ridiculous is but one step.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
still can`t get over the complete absence of even one player with some nasty in them, especially when this team has a Prez who played that way

Totally understand those guys simply don`t grow on trees these days as I don`t think it`s something that can be taught but man o man, I can`t see this team winning one game let alone a series vs any team who plays heavy like the Panthers as an example
Apparently our two goalies are the Bruins with the most snarl, I would be careful hanging in the crease: Linus might fell you with his big stick:sarcasm:Too bad it doesn’t rub off on our D men.

Reactions: caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad