GDT: Game 54: Columbus at Calgary | 2/5 9PM EST

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Speaking of tradeable, korpisalo is starting to make me wonder if bob becomes expendable . Just can't get over how consistent korpi is. Starting to believe we may have a great young goalie

Feel good story but waaaayyyyy too early. Steve Mason had one amazing season and never replicated it. Korpisalo has less than a dozen games under his belt. Not going there any time soon.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Speaking of tradeable, korpisalo is starting to make me wonder if bob becomes expendable . Just can't get over how consistent korpi is. Starting to believe we may have a great young goalie

Didn't see the first period (hence the goal he gave up), but man did he look solid the rest of the way. Just so calm and collected back there. Thought the defense did well for the most part too, but he was the anchor in net. I'd love to see a 1-2 punch of a healthy Bob and Korpi going forward.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Nobody is trading for that contract

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

As impressive as his stats have been he hasn't exactly beaten any of the top teams. Lets see how he does against them. Still I've been impressed.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
4-1-1 in last 6 games.After this win we 0.500 under Torts.

21 wins in 46 games...that's not .500. 23 wins in 46 games would be .500. If we can win our next four in a row under Torts he will be .500 with us. This "OT" tree point games farce the NHL has forced down fans throats has really started fooling people.

Don't be fooled..stay smart!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
As impressive as his stats have been he hasn't exactly beaten any of the top teams. Lets see how he does against them. Still I've been impressed.

Sort of...he has had very good games against some of the higher scoring teams in the league (before this Western Canada road trip. In the last nine games he has beaten...

1 G to #10 Colorado
2 Gs to #3 Boston
2 Gs twice to #13 Montreal
1 G to #14 Calgary

Maybe not the best teams but five games vs teams in the top half of the league in scoring.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
My sentiments exactly. I'm liking Nylander more and more (he says while seeing chances for the top 3 fade away). :cry:

Don't worry, we have plenty of home games left, and we can't seem to win at home with any regularity. Our home ice record is what is killing us.

Nice game by Jones, and nice to see Wild Bill finish some chances. Still, pretty tough to win a lot of games scoring 2 goals or less a night.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad