GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers should not give any of the three stars to any of the Caps at the end of the game. Here’s who they should give them to:

1. Brendan Smith for fighting that f***.
2. Pavel Buchnevich for that nice little crosscheck into Mantha’s choppers. Watch him get suspended though.
3. Ryan Strome for giving Eller a boxing lesson and I didn’t mind that chop he gave Hathaway at the end.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
1) I dont see the comparable at all to Savard. In any way. Savard had much better junior numbers. Chytil never did really.

2) They wouldnt be trading him for some “mystery box”.

This is not an untouchable piece.

Chytil didn't play juniors. So I don't get that one. He played in the AHL, and while Savard had better AHL numbers, he was also a full two years older than Chytil when he started playing in the A.

I don't think too many pieces are untouchable (in my head, there are 4, maybe 5, and Chytil isn't on the list). But I also don't think he's a player who you move just to make a change, either. He's still got a ton of potential, we wouldn't get much back for him as he sits today, and he plays a position where there is almost no organizational depth.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Yup. Clark Gilles said that he usually fought terrified.

One of the best youtube videos Ive watched is Gilles recalling how Nystrom helped him to get psyched up to go after a guy (forget who) that he was afraid of.

Then he went out and kicked the guys ass.

Great story. Go watch it.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The refs are just trying to move the game along. Any shenanigans and they give you a misconduct. During a normal game these misconducts aren’t given out ever. League is covering their asses because they knew they f***ed up.
Yeah this was expected. The league under penalizes one game and then over compensates in the next so instead of having one bad game they have two.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The refs are just trying to move the game along. Any shenanigans and they give you a misconduct. During a normal game these misconducts aren’t given out ever. League is covering their asses because they knew they f***ed up.

It's just more of the old double standard.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a Rangers team more than this one. No heart at all and I don’t think we’ve ever won a big game. Swept in the qualifiers, losing 3 games in a row to the Isles getting outscored like 13-1, and now losing physically and on the scoreboard in the most important game of the season. This team is pathetic

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Rangers should not give any of the three stars to any of the Caps at the end of the game. Here’s who they should give them to:

1. Brendan Smith for fighting that f***.
2. Pavel Buchnevich for that nice little crosscheck into Mantha’s choppers. Watch him get suspended though.
3. Ryan Strome for giving Eller a boxing lesson and I didn’t mind that chop he gave Hathaway at the end.
Or give the stars to the three Rangers part of the line brawl.

Reactions: eco's bones

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Honestly, I was happy with this.

They did everything they could.

And that's why I don't believe in deterrence and why it's ultimately down to the league to be responsible, which they obviously weren't. Because at the end of the day, what can you actually do? We had what 7(?) fights and Buchnevich made, honestly, one of the dirtiest players of the year (which I'm fine with).

None of it materially accomplishes anything and none of it will stop Wilson from being who he is or the Caps from being who they are.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a Rangers team more than this one. No heart at all and I don’t think we’ve ever won a big game. Swept in the qualifiers, losing 3 games in a row to the Isles getting outscored like 13-1, and now losing physically and on the scoreboard in the most important game of the season. This team is pathetic

This was the most important game of the season. It was supposed to be a game of heart.

About that..

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

Well, they have a new GM, the coach is about to be fired, and they are probably about to make some bad trades.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
You weren't blessed with watching Valerie Kaminksy suit up for the broadway blueshirts?

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad