GDT: Game 54 - CBJ vs FLA - 4 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I predict an exciting game with lots of scoring by both sides. Obviously its a must win one..

We have the crowd.... We should win this game.... NO OT PLEASE!!!

Werenski and Jones.... top 10 defensive pair in the league...

I'd argue that that's selling them short.

I don’t think this end to end style favors us if it lasts three periods......though I enjoy watching it.

Jesus Foligno had 5 hole wide open

Savvy is a freaking beast

yeah, how many times did we see Bob bait guys by pretending to leave the 5-hole open for someone only for it to slam shut within a microsecond? We know the guy. We should know better than that.

We are really hounding them on the forecheck right now. Careful on being too aggressive

Did Milano just attempt the Datsyukian flip ?

Milano has made several clever plays tonight. Most recent was trying to flip it over the net from behind it but he didn’t quite convert

I think we can officially call this one a Goaltender Duel.

What a play by Gavrikov.

Great period by the Jackets. Outworked them offensively and finished with solid half PK.

Bob is the only reason it’s still even

That was extremely solid 4 minutes of PK. Great job

Savard...........beastly block

To be fair, the same has also been true of Florida's efforts to get past Elvis. If not moreso.

Blatant missed tripping call

This has been an incredibly entertaining 0-0 game. It’s unusual to see such wide open hockey and have a scoreless game. But there’s been some excellent defense from our guys.

WERENSKIIIIIIIIIIII

STILL BEATING BOB

Give Bob a star for the regulation shutout and the 40-some saves?

Tell those scouts to get the hell out of our building unless they are bringing serious overpayment.. fvckoff eh?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Imagine this team if we also get a legit 2C.

holy...

I know Columbus is not a destination city.. but there has to be a top centre out there saying.. that is where I am going I can bring instant offense to this team. I saw someone earlier mentioned Duschene.. as much as we need a #1C there is something inherently wrong about this idea. I'd sooner take a more mature Johanson then a guy that wanted to play his banjo in Nashville

Reactions: JKinCLE

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know Columbus is not a destination city.. but there has to be a top centre out there saying.. that is where I am going I can bring instant offense to this team. I saw someone earlier mentioned Duschene.. as much as we need a #1C there is something inherently wrong about this idea. I'd sooner take a more mature Johanson then a guy that wanted to play his banjo in Nashville

wait... what? there's a better chance of me winning the lottery than Duchene/Johansen returning to the CBJ.

lol i'm so lost with this post. I literally laughed out loud reading this.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

are you offering to move to Nashville, because the only way diaper rash boy Johansen is coming back is for a 5th liner.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Well, a "more mature" Johansen still disappears for stretches and seems to have low motivation at times in Nashville.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Just got back from the game. The Harrington-Nutivaara pairing needs to die with fire. Wish we could have won in regulation and that Jenner’s goal counted but as long as we get the win, who cares?

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
That was much more entertaining than a typical 1-0 game. I don’t know how you sit Elvis when Korpi comes back. Dude is absolutely on fire.

Milano needs to stay in the lineup, even when all forwards are healthy. He may have the occasional defensive lapse but I think his flaws there are overblown, and he’s so creative offensively and we’re starving for that.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
As one of the last (maybe the last?)non-believers, I am beginning to believe. Be afraid, be very afraid.

You know on wall street its a sign of a top when even the biggest bears say something alike.

Im genuinely concerned with all that optimism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad