GDT: Game 54 - CBJ vs FLA - 4 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I feel great for the home fans.... 8 years ago we would have lost this game and gone home with a moral victory…

The current Jackets want to win EVERY GAME!!!!!!!

Reactions: CBJ AZ goalie

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Elvis , franchise goalie , at a cool 1 mil. 4 shutouts in last 7 games . Seems like forever ago most of the board was roasting him for going straight to the Nhl from Europe .

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
The price is wrong, Bob

giphy.gif

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
SOP for the three stars in a 1-0 game - #3 the opposition goalie, #2 the guy who scored, #1 the winning goalie. :nod:

We totally deserved the win !

Elvis stats are becoming pretty ridiculous and he ties the league lead in SO, unless I’m mistaken.

Respect to Bob too, he was great

Zack..!
You could almost see Bob leave his body after the puck went in.

What a game!!!!

One of the best 1 goal games I have ever seen.

Elvis vs. Bob....and Elvis comes out on top.

This team keeps blowing me away. I am in ****in' love

ALL TRUE.. tip of the cap to Bob, wanted to beat you by 10 but you stood tall. Elvis you are enfuego!!!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Elvis on beating Bob tonight (interview with Maetzold):

"This was his house, his home. there's a lot to learn from him. he's a great goalie. and one of, if not the best, up there with Price."

all class. humble. couldn't love this kid more and be more happier that he's on OUR team and is OUR starting goalie.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Elvis , franchise goalie , at a cool 1 mil. 4 shutouts in last 7 games . Seems like forever ago most of the board was roasting him for going straight to the Nhl from Europe .

*raises hand*

I was one on them, and I fully accept the wrongness of my words.....I mean, he did have a big head coming over and maybe thinking he could dominate right away.
Those first few games were probably necessary to kick him in the ass.

Man, it's gonna be tough to sit him for Korpisalo when Korpi is ready to go.
What a great problem to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Elvis on beating Bob tonight (interview with Maetzold):

"This was his house, his home. there's a lot to learn from him. he's a great goalie. and one of, if not the best, up there with Price."

all class. humble. couldn't love this kid more and be more happier that he's on OUR team and is OUR starting goalie.
He's doing well... I remember Steve Mason too.... Lets see how it goes..

Reactions: thebus88

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
*raises hand*

I was one on them, and I fully accept the wrongness of my words.....I mean, he did have a big head coming over and maybe thinking he could dominate right away.
Those first few games were probably necessary to kick him in the @SS.

Man, it's gonna be tough to sit him for Korpisalo when Korpi is ready to go.
What a great problem to have.
Elvis keeps winning I honestly don’t know how you sit him. Depending on how much longer Korpi is out for their (winning) resumes will be roughly even and if Elvis has the hot hand I don’t know how you put that on the bench.

Saying that I agree that it’s a wonderful problem to have.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

The turnaround has been crazy. Good on him for sticking through it and stepping up when the team needed him most. We seem set in net, primarily due to the outstanding team commitment to defense. They’re making the goalies job easier and it’s really allowing us to play our game. Our coaches are also pitching in and doing a great job. It seems like just yesterday this board was wanting torts fired.

oh wait it probably was.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Not flashy, but WHAT a performance.

Didn't panic, didn't force the issue. Knew they were outplaying a tired team and stayed patient.

Such sound fundamentals tonight. And great sticks.

Bob was fantastic, too.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->