GDT: Game 54 - CBJ vs FLA - 4 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A fairly important homestand begins today.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
The Blue Jackets have points in eight straight games (7-0-1). … Oliver Bjorkstrand has 10 goals during an eight-game point streak (10-3-13) including a four two-goal games. … Pierre-Luc Dubois has a 7-17-24 line in his last 22 games and is plus-16. … Alexander Wennberg is one point from 200 in his CBJ career, while Atkinson is two goals from the 200 mark. … The teams have split the first two games of the season, with Florida winning a home game by a 4-1 score Dec. 7 before Columbus captured a 4-1 victory on New Year's Eve.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gus Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Cam Atkinson
Sonny Milano - Riley Nash - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Ryan MacInnis - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Jakob Lilja, Andrew Peeke, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets were off Monday so any changes to the lineup won't be known until Tortorella addresses the media Tuesday morning. With the injury to Alexander Wennberg's that will keep the center out three to four weeks, it seems likely MacInnis could enter and center the fourth line, or the team could juggle other parts of the lineup to find a fourth center.

No preview article from panthers.nhl.com up yet.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Several of us were watching it as it unfolded, but regardless (and for those that didn't), here's the highlights of the Panthers' last game:

Reactions: Madifer

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Either the Cats will be energetic after that third period surge or content they already got 2 hard fought points.

Either way, a must win for us since Barkov and probably Bob are not playing

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Either the Cats will be energetic after that third period surge or content they already got 2 hard fought points.

But Bob is...bad?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

Their other goalies are better than Bob. Id prefer to see Bob tonight.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Their other goalies are better than Bob. Id prefer to see Bob tonight.
I don’t know what you base that off, the other goalies are AHL scrubs. If Bob is in top form he’s head and shoulders above them, if he’s not, then sure. But it was almost a two weeks break, who knows what changed with him.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No Wennberg means it's a start of a 10 game losing streak, he is the glue that holds the team together!

JK, he's a bum

I'm no Wennberg fan. And of course, I want the Jackets to continue this roll. And no I don't think losing Wennberg should impact the team overall.

But there's the tiniest little part of me that thinks it would be funny if this is the injury that breaks the team, after everything that's gone on this season.

Reactions: Halfboard

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I predict an exciting game with lots of scoring by both sides. Obviously its a must win one..

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Really surprised Bob is playing tonight, but I sure he is adamant about it, considering the NYE game.

Can't emphasize enough how big tonight's game is. We need to stay in a solid playoff spot by the start of March, cause that March schedule is absolutely brutal. Maybe as tough a month as I've seen on the schedule in the past 3 years. 9 road games....7 against legit playoff teams. And the 5 homes games are no picnic either (VAN, PIT, NSH, WSH, NYI)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jenner had a great defensive game in Montreal but Cam needs someone feeding him.... I'm curious how our new second line will produce..

Our third and fourth lines will be awesome tonight.... :)

Reactions: Jaxs

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Jenner had a great defensive game in Montreal but Cam needs someone feeding him.... I'm curious how our new second line will produce..

3rd and 4th lines have some wheels!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Cam with 0 points in last 4 and being extremely invisible. Hopefully not another cold streak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad