GDT: Game 54: Avalanche @ Islanders | 11 AM MT | February 9, 1996 | Fishin' for Wins

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Bednar not playing Rantanen in OT is not good. He was better than Landy or Mac tonight. You bench one of your stars in this situation and put trash players like Barrie or Kerfoot on the ice. Bednar is really starting to loose the locker room.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Bednar not playing Rantanen in OT is not good. He was better than Landy or Mac tonight. You bench one of your stars in this situation and put trash players like Barrie or Kerfoot on the ice. Bednar is really starting to loose the locker room.
He's been bad in the last few OTs. Then again, everyone has lol

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anyone else get pretty tired of that scrawny little Barzal and his 0 NHL fights, cross checking everyone all game? Including Soderberg in the face three times?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They would have to suck pretty bad to not score 15 points in the final 27 games lol even since we started sucking, They are around a point per game.

I know things aren't going well, but let's be realistic.
Eh. Dont underestimate the mind set if we are completely out of it in 2-3 weeks and as the season goes along the games get harder. I think Mack and Rants can hit 90 but I wouldnt say its a slam dunk.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This team is just so shockingly bad in OT. That Barrie crossbar was the best scoring chance we've had in OT for ages. Washington basically had the puck the entire time, and while we had possession for a while we never got a decent chance against that tired group. That's on coaching.

Reactions: klozge

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Eh. Dont underestimate the mind set if we are completely out of it in 2-3 weeks and as the season goes along the games get harder. I think Mack and Rants can hit 90 but I wouldnt say its a slam dunk.
MacKinnon has been at 1.33P/GP, and Rantanen has been at 1.18P/GP, for the last 130ish games.

They would both have to drop down to just over 0.50P/GP to miss 90 points lol

I'll say it's pretty much a guarantee. 100 points may not be a slam dunk, but I'm sure those guys want it.

Reactions: MacBradley

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm just immune to the Avs sucking. At first I hated it, like in November, but once again .. They chipped away at my hope and optimism. Get the good picks, ship off Barrie, EJ, MacKinnon, ****in whatever. I just want this team to become a legit organization for once since the late 90s/early 2000s.
Why MacKinnon? I think the only guy that's really frustrated with this losing is MacKinnon, I get the sense that the rest just don't give a shit. I'd ship off Landeskog before shipping off MacK.

What has Landeskog done as a captain of this team, pretty much since being given the C? He has had a good season, but as a leader he hasn't done much.

Now just to clarify, I dont want Landeskog traded, just commented on shipping off MacK, and all I'm saying if I had to trade one player from the top line it would be Landeskog

Reactions: MrPeePee

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why MacKinnon? I think the only guy that's really frustrated with this losing is MacKinnon, I get the sense that the rest just don't give a ****. I'd ship off Landeskog before shipping off MacK.

What has Landeskog done as a captain of this team, pretty much since being given the C? He has had a good season, but as a leader he hasn't done much.

Now just to clarify, I dont want Landeskog traded, just commented on shipping off MacK, and all I'm saying if I had to trade one player from the top line it would be Landeskog
I don't actually want MacKinnon gone, just my point is that I don't care who is on this roster, I just want one that's a winner.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
The Avs low danger shots in OT are just horrendous. Like EJs shot and then Mackinnon miss the net and we were lucky to regain possession. Then when Girard took the point shot and the goalie covered up. Do they not realize they are giving the other team the puck for free?? Just nonsense its like they felt like the Avs had the puck too long and they just have to give it back. So bad

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone else get pretty tired of that scrawny little Barzal and his 0 NHL fights, cross checking everyone all game? Including Soderberg in the face three times?
Kid can do whatever he wants. He's got sufficient protection with that 4th line. I hate it, but he's going to continue to do it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't actually want MacKinnon gone, just my point is that I don't care who is on this roster, I just want one that's a winner.
I totally agree, but for me only the top line is a keeper, rest of the roster can change for all I care as long as they finally become a winning team

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Avs low danger shots in OT are just horrendous. Like EJs shot and then Mackinnon miss the net and we were lucky to regain possession. Then when Girard took the point shot and the goalie covered up. Do they not realize they are giving the other team the puck for free?? Just nonsense its like they felt like the Avs had the puck too long and they just have to give it back. So bad
So true. Controlling the puck in OT is so important and they always give it away. Then the other team picks it up, makes a play and win the game.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I've been saying it all year. He needs to go.
And what exactly do you expect a D to do? Gonchar wasn't great at defesnse. Visnovsky sucked at it. Ozolinsh was 1-dimensional. Langway won a couple of Norris trophies despite never knowing what offense was in between scrubs like Carlyle or Coffey. But here you are, wanting to get rid of the Avs best puck-moving defenseman. Are you hot for Stevens? Before he became a doom machine he was quite the scorer. Maybe you like Letang or Carlson or Karlsson? They all get crap for their defense despite their strength being in transition. Do you think this is 1996? Who else is going to feed the forwards the puck?

This "trade Barrie" crap is stupid. We can criticize him without selling him out. At the end of the day, he is an elite PMD. Deal with that or go on living in fantasy-land where everyone is lucky enough to have a Bourque or a Pronger or a Potvin.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Say what you will about Scott Stevens, he wouldn't accept this losing streak. He'd play the positionally sound defence of two defenders at once.

Reactions: Hennessy

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And what exactly do you expect a D to do? Gonchar wasn't great at defesnse. Visnovsky sucked at it. Ozolinsh was 1-dimensional. Langway won a couple of Norris trophies despite never knowing what offense was in between scrubs like Carlyle or Coffey. But here you are, wanting to get rid of the Avs best puck-moving defenseman. Are you hot for Stevens? Before he became a doom machine he was quite the scorer. Maybe you like Letang or Carlson or Karlsson? They all get crap for their defense despite their strength being in transition. Do you think this is 1996? Who else is going to feed the forwards the puck?

This "trade Barrie" crap is stupid. We can criticize him without selling him out. At the end of the day, he is an elite PMD. Deal with that or go on living in fantasy-land where everyone is lucky enough to have a Bourque or a Pronger or a Potvin.
I like to call it snowball land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad