GDT: Game 53: Preds @ Flames | 8:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Shameful. Just shameful. Giving up three power play goals to the 29th-ranked power play in the league, we didn't deserve to win.

A legendary game by Nystrom, a good game from Cullen, but the Spaling-Legwand-Smith and Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist lines were completely invisible.

If Edmonton comes back and beats Phoenix, it's not as big of a deal, but we now have to beat the Oilers on Sunday.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Lose in the shootout again. Josi at least got a goal. We got a point but we pretty much gave that game away.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Normally win or lose doesn't bother me but, tonight's game just plain
Pissed me off.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Well I think Nystrom might go down as the most unheralded 4-goal game NHLer in history, I mean what were the odds of that happening?

In 2011-12 Nystorm only had 4 goals in 82 games...the irony.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
If we had lost because we were outplayed it would have been one thing but we gave it away with the penalties especially by Gaustad giving them the 5 on 3. Nystrom with his best game ever and Gaustad with one of his worst.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Going into tonight, Calgary had scored a TOTAL of 7 goals in their last 8 home games.

And we give up 3 in the third period alone- just awful.

And I know the penalties were the real killer tonight and it wasn't all his fault, but Dubnyk has been just flat out awful in his 2 games. Don't know if it was just me, but he looked terrible in the shootout, leaving all kinds of openings.....

Last edited:

lovemypreds

Dec 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
I like the Goose, but I'm so angry with him right now. So unfair to Nystrom, he deserved a win out of this. If only he could play like this every night.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Glaring example of "you can't fix stupid". Two goal lead in 3rd period and take not one, but two stupid penalties to cough up the game. If we would have just given Henderson and his contract to Edmonton without taking "Dubious" goalie we would have been better off.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Dubnyk still appears very shaky. He made some saves and the goals were not all his fault. I thought he let the third one in untouched but sounds it was tipped in as well. As soon as we got to the SO I knew we'd lose because of our inability to score and I had no confidence in our goalie.

Last edited:

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Glaring example of "you can't fix stupid". Two goal lead in 3rd period and take not one, but two stupid penalties to cough up the game. If we would have just given Henderson and his contract to Edmonton without taking "Dubious" goalie we would have been better off.
Was Hutton so tired/banged up that he couldn't play tonight? Let the winning goalie play - they deserved it.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Normally win or lose doesn't bother me but, tonight's game just plain
Pissed me off.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I fell asleep at 3-1 enjoying myself....like Trotz I will just pretend I didn't hear the results. I mean surely that's the only way Goose isn't held accountable. I asked it jokingly earlier, but it really makes me wonder now...I really feel like this is some type of game streak with Goose taking ridiculous penalties.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Happy for Nystorm first player in team history to have 4 goals and against the team that drafted him, talk about KARMA. As for the loss plenty of blame to pass around.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just completely horrible, that is the only way to explain. Guy gives you a 4 goal game ( especially with this franshise) and you make a joke of it. Frankly everyone on the team, especially Gaustad owes him one big apology.

Second problem I saw, I don't think I saw Nystrom on the ice for either the OT or the SO. How do you take the hottest hand on the team for the night and leave him sitting for the entire OT period and the SO? I put that squarely on Trotz being a moron.

Finally, I tried giving Dubs some leeway, new team for you that has been playing just about as bad as Edmonton did. However, it was completely obvious in that game that guy has zero lateral movement, and if he can track the puck, he doesn't do it very well. Need to just release him and get it over with.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Nystrom was rewarded for doing what he usually does. Two tip ins (one I still haven't seen clearly hit him), and a rebound pushed towards the five hole account for three of the goals last night. He went to the greasy areas and luck was on his side. Watch the look on his face after a couple of the goals ... even he looked pleasantly surprised.

Goose with a couple of bad penalties. Dubnyk shaky again. Nothing offensively from our alleged top players. The special teams sucked. Gave up far too many shots in the third.

A historic night on the scoresheet for Bobby (even Stu messed it up last night) ..... uh Eric Nystrom but not a good overall game from the team.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I went to bed prior to the third period. Wow. I didn't expect a total team meltdown.

You can look at our recent run: 4-1-1 and be happy, but we have lost two winnable games. We just aren't a great team. Too many flaws. No accountability with the veterans which has long been a staple in the Trotz era.

Nystrom with a heck of a game.

Gaustad and Dubs putrid.

What has happened to the wilson/fisher/hornqvist line?

For the second straight night Spaling leads the team in TOI for forwards with 19:48. Closet was Fisher with a minute less ice time. This is asinine. I know special teams play a role in this, but Spaling is not a top 6 forward. We have tried this song for nearly 3 years. Quit putting him on the powerplay!

Wilson with 11 minutes TOI. Don't blame him for lack of production. He had 14 shifts. 2 more than Clune. Spaling had 27. I get that Trotz has never liked Wilson's game. I just don't understand the gravitation towards the billion grinders we run through this lineup every year. Its easier for Brandon Yip and Nick Spaling to get TOI then our presumed scorers.

I'm done figuring out the logic of Trotz's lines.

Last edited:

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
It is bad to lose a game you've got all locked up - but we are a non-playoff team playing another (worse) non-playoff team on their home ice. We got a point. Could be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad