Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
upload_2019-2-2_15-39-17.jpeg

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Notice how every single team we face runs a collapse defense on us? I truly don't understand how we're well past the halfway point and Gallant hasn't adjusted to it.
I'm not watching, but if you can't pass and can't score from the blue line how can you get teams to stop collapsing to the net?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm not watching, but if you can't pass and can't score from the blue line how can you get teams to stop collapsing to the net?

They have 2 goals from the point this game. They've had chances. Mrazek has just predictably outplayed Lagace who gave up 2 extremely soft goals. I chalk this one up to a schedule loss due to the B2B. I certainly wouldn't mind a cheap goalie trade in the next couple weeks. I have zero confidence in any goalie not named Fleury.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Active skating around the perimeter with forwards methodically crashing through the defense to disrupt their positioning. The boys respond to collapses by planting their feet and hoping their passing game will break the collapse but it never does. The opposing defense doesn't have to move, they just have to wait for an errant pass or badly aimed shot. It's why we have so many SOG every game but such a low shooting percentage. Our offense is way too predictable.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Also noticing that no one seems to know where anyone is on the ice. Over and over again I watch us feed the puck to where we have no players, and also no players in a position to retrieve it, but completely ignore the wide open option, that allows us to keep possession.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They have 2 goals from the point this game. They've had chances. Mrazek has just predictably outplayed Lagace who gave up 2 extremely soft goals. I chalk this one up to a schedule loss due to the B2B. I certainly wouldn't mind a cheap goalie trade in the next couple weeks. I have zero confidence in any goalie not named Fleury.

This was a scheduled loss as soon as Gallant announced that Lagace was in net.

Some of the blame rests on him for putting in a ahl goalie for the first game off a 9 day break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad