GDT: Game 53: Knights at Hurricanes | 4:30 PM PST | AT&T SportsNet

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This game was very winnable even with Lagace.... but we aren't going to win if we can't score more than 2 goals. Start of the season all over again.

Sure, but you can't win when you have your goaltender for some reason jump 3 feet out of the net to attempt a poke check leaving a wide open net.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Sure, but you can't win when you have your goaltender for some reason jump 3 feet out of the net to attempt a poke check leaving a wide open net.
It doesn't help.... but if you need hold the opposition to 1 goal a game to win... you will lose most your games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This team has completely forgotten how to play the kind of hockey that makes them successful and I think it's time to start looking at the man behind the bench. Nothing ever changes. This team just doesn't move its feet in the offensive zone anymore

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
tenor.gif

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The whole team started slow but more recently the issue has been Riley Smith out. He is the glue of that first line. I expect with him back, Wild Bill will do well.
Well.... Hopefully this ages better with time.

I'd like to see Turk split up Marchy, & Bill. He's ok swapping out Smith, which at best has resulted in status quo mediocrity being upheld.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Still think Fleury should have started.

Fleury wouldn't have leaped 3 feet out of the net to try a poke check leaving a ****ing wide open net to get scored on.

This was a scheduled loss as soon as Gallant announced that Lagace was in net.

Some of the blame rests on him for putting in a ahl goalie for the first game off a 9 day break.

I never had much faith in Lagace either but I don’t see this team catching Calgary even if Fleury plays every game and somehow doesn’t get worn down or injured (or both). Seems this team is pretty much stuck in 3rd with maybe a shot at 2nd.

So I think we better make sure Fleury is ready for the playoffs because if he is less than 100% then that’s really really bad with this team.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->