Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
:kings VS :coyotes

Captain-Obvious.jpg

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
My daughters live in Colorado Springs and Vegas. Easy for me to switch teams if Tocchet is renewed. I have been an off and on STH since they arrived. They don't have to win all the time, but they do need to look like they want to. I question that almost every game(even when they win). No emotion, no drive and it has been along time since they had any fight in them.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’m confused. Do you mean RT or DT? And if we move on from RT and he signs with the Kraken, I’m going to still be a Coyotes fan. So won’t I be LOLing with you? :dunno:

Can I blame spell check?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I'm with him. It's never been easier to be a remote fan. At the end of the day, it's entertainment. Vote for what you like with your wallet and attention.

I already sat through the FOG era. I'm not doing that again. They can either demonstrate competence as an organization for once or I'm out.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don’t like supporting teams outside of my local city/state so if they sign Tocchet I’ll probably just watch the Devils and Suns instead.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Man, is loyalty a trait of old people only now?
Maybe it's because I went to an SEC university, I can't ever see anyone I knew ever saying "I hate the coach! If they don't fire him I'm rooting for Miami!"
Whatever. If you leave, great. If you stay, great. All teams need bandwagoners too. Seattle will have plenty to start.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Maybe it's because I went to an SEC university, I can't ever see anyone I knew ever saying "I hate the coach! If they don't fire him I'm rooting for Miami!"
Whatever. If you leave, great. If you stay, great. All teams need bandwagoners too. Seattle will have plenty to start.
I could never change teams. I was a Steeler and Pirate fan growing up because we didn't have teams when I was a little kid. I switched to the Dbacks after getting season tickets their first season and the Pirates ownership being dreadful. I could never start liking the Cardinals. Maybe if they changed the name and weren't so embarrassing. Always felt like someone else's team. I liked the Wranglers more than them. But the Coyotes were my team from the start. Didn't start to really follow hockey die-hard until they came. Got season tickets when they moved across the street in Glendale. Those were some of my best memories as a sports fan, even those Detroit playoff games I barely remember because of all the alcohol they made me drink! I won't spend money on them, like go to the games when they are terrible anymore. They have to put together a winning tradition before I'll do that again. I won't buy those god awful Powder Puff Suns sweaters even if they win the cup. I also won't stop rooting for them to turn into a winner. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Plus, we have a few years of hope waiting for Matthews to become a FA and save us!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Loyalty shouldn’t factor into your decisions with what you do with your time and money.

if your favorite restaurant started serving shitty food after they get a new owner, would you keep going there because it was once your favorite joint?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Lifelong Cubs fan and I haven't lived there since 1980. I'll die a Coyote.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Loyalty shouldn’t factor into your decisions with what you do with your time and money.

if your favorite restaurant started serving shitty food after they get a new owner, would you keep going there because it was once your favorite joint?
In your analogy, I would stop eating at restaurants, if anything.
Edit: vs. A rando restaurant in another city

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad