Post-Game Talk: GAME #53: Canucks 1 @ the red-hot Flyers 2: 40+ shots can't get the job done

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Poor Demko, plays one game or so in a month and then either gets tonight against a hot Flyers team or tomorrow against a slumping Caps team but with a tired team in front of him. It's just like Nilsson all over again...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
No mention of Gritty? He's one of the most under-rated mascots in the NHL. He's not very skilled and everybody hates him but the flyers like him because he does his job.
All the pieces are falling into place for the Canucks to make the playoffs. They're healthy and the signings of Rousell and Beagle are under-rated here. The Canucks knew what they had with Pettersson and those signings were perfect complimentary pieces from what was available. Yes, they overpaid but they sacrificed a couple million in cap space to get a couple pieces that were missing. Those were good aggressive moves to address major issues with the lineup. That's about 5% of their cap, you want JB fires over 5% of cap space that will never hurt them, they have players on ELC's. Believe it or not, some of these moves were done with foresight of how they will structure under the cap.

He's literally the most talked about thing in Philly and around the league.

Reactions: Josepho

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Poor Demko, plays one game or so in a month and then either gets tonight against a hot Flyers team or tomorrow against a slumping Caps team but with a tired team in front of him. It's just like Nilsson all over again...
I believe its Marky tonight...which means Demko tomorrow night.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Imagine being a young guy and suiting up against Alex Ovechkin. Gotta think that's exciting.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
It's useful to know that teams are never as bad as their worst stretch of games and never as good as their best. Teams are somewhere in the middle, and for the Canucks, it appears to be somewhere around the 7-12 spot of the 15 Western Conference teams. This season is such an oddity though. I still have a hard time seeing this team in the hunt for a playoff spot, yet here we are, 30ish games to go.

I missed last game, but I'm looking forward to watching this one. Hoping for some excitement, win or lose!
Anymore useful than just looking at their whole record lol

If you cherry pick, you can pretty much make anything look interesting.

Did you know if the team is 1-4-3 on Tuesdays?

Reactions: hellstick

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Imagine being a young guy and suiting up against Alex Ovechkin. Gotta think that's exciting.

...not the word that came to my mind. More like "daunting". No worries though; if we ruin him by playing him in nothing but hopeless games we can always get a 7th round pick for him...

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
This should be a fun match-up. The Flyers are on a hot streak with renewed confidence thanks to their young goalie.

And the Canucks really impressed me against Colorado on Saturday. The vacation and the altitude didn't affect them, and Marky was so solid. The guys look like they're having fun.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Anymore useful than just looking at their whole record lol

If you cherry pick, you can pretty much make anything look interesting.

Did you know if the team is 1-4-3 on Tuesdays?
You unironically cannot see why someone might think it is relevant to point out that, other than an injury riddled losing streak, we have done really well?

Like, seriously?

Nobody is arguing that we are cup contenders, but comparing that fact to "hurr durr, here is their record on a Tuesday" shows that you are trolling or just don't quite get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad